Updates: prom and then work all weekend so not much has been finished.

Started new fuse block, the two open spots are for the compressors; I still need a switch box for them.

IMG_1496.jpg

and I strengthened the flimsy bolt holes on the passenger side mirror with hot glue just to be safe. They were all shattered and crumbling, not well built at all. The bolts were metric by the way, that's what you get when you buy american, lol.

IMG_1501.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/mrgeo20
-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

-'99 Sierra, under construction

I would put a manual ball valve in between the 2 tanks, that way one of them is your reserve tank. That way if you ever have a problem, or a leak, or a short in a wire, or one of the other many possibility's of issues that could come with air suspension.

1 5 gallon is more than enough, and the 2 380s will fill that tank regularly for years without issues. But if you have the option to get 480's, I would defiantly install those along with your 380s.

Looks like a very clean truck! And a great first toy! But be careful, If the previous owner cut corners like that, who knows what else they skimped on...

What kind of 4 link is on the rear?

Also, if you need new mirrors, I have them on the shelf!

I would put a manual ball valve in between the 2 tanks, that way one of them is your reserve tank. That way if you ever have a problem, or a leak, or a short in a wire, or one of the other many possibility's of issues that could come with air suspension.

1 5 gallon is more than enough, and the 2 380s will fill that tank regularly for years without issues. But if you have the option to get 480's, I would defiantly install those along with your 380s.

Looks like a very clean truck! And a great first toy! But be careful, If the previous owner cut corners like that, who knows what else they skimped on...

What kind of 4 link is on the rear?

Also, if you need new mirrors, I have them on the shelf!

That sounds like a really good idea!

The rest of the truck looks like it was done correctly, they just used whatever wire they had to assemble it is what it seems. I'm definitely looking through everything to make sure it's a safe daily driver.

I couldn't tell you what kind of 4-link, I don't know much about that to be honest.

I repaired these mirrors so I didn't have to get new ones painted to match. If the hot glue doesn't last, however, I'll definitely let you know!

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

just wondering but looking at the pic witht he passenger side door open it looks like it is sagging there. i know its suicide but just seems to be a bit more than normal.

audio setup

HU: sony

Amps: cadence csa5000.1(running at 1 ohm 1200w x 1)

Subs: pair of cadence s2w8-s2

Doors: cadence zrs65k's component set

Box: customed glassed box tuned @ 35 hz with one 4" port....built by me

Underhood: powerbastards.com H/O 200 amp alt, big 3 upgrade(4 awg) and optima red top battery

Wiring: SQ audio 0 awg amp kit

Cadence Sponsored

build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/133648-96-s10-cadence-audio-build/page__hl__cadence

just wondering but looking at the pic witht he passenger side door open it looks like it is sagging there. i know its suicide but just seems to be a bit more than normal.

The driver door sags a little, we're going to brace it. The passenger door however, is fine.

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

The driver door sags a little, we're going to brace it. The passenger door however, is fine.

hmm just must be the camera angle in that very first pic of the passenger side door.... just seems like it was sagging.

clean paint. nice starter truck. only thing i wouldve changed was the tails.

good luck with the adventure of a mini truck. have had my s10 now for 8 years and 6 of those years ive been on air. fun stuff.

audio setup

HU: sony

Amps: cadence csa5000.1(running at 1 ohm 1200w x 1)

Subs: pair of cadence s2w8-s2

Doors: cadence zrs65k's component set

Box: customed glassed box tuned @ 35 hz with one 4" port....built by me

Underhood: powerbastards.com H/O 200 amp alt, big 3 upgrade(4 awg) and optima red top battery

Wiring: SQ audio 0 awg amp kit

Cadence Sponsored

build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/133648-96-s10-cadence-audio-build/page__hl__cadence

• 2 weeks later...

Update: It was slow going for a little while there, but I'm committed to getting this thing together before scrapin the coast this year.

Today was a long one (but fun)! Built, mounted, and wired switch box for compressors as well as some other minor things like put new plastic clips on the door panels to hold them better. I'm on one tank and one compressor, the second 380C is in the mail headed to Viair for repair.

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

oohh pretty lights ^

made a run to Advanced Auto Parts for a new filter/breather for the fuel tank, looking good out in the sun (drivers door is a little open)

IMG_1652.jpg

of course as soon as I pull out of their parking lot a cop flies in behind me and follows me all the way home. (no plate on the truck yet >.> getting it Tuesday)

IMG_1653.jpg

my dad welding some uni-strut brackets to hold the air tank in place

IMG_1656.jpg

hit them with some flat black

IMG_1659.jpg

the last saturday of every month there's a little car show in my town, we brought the s10 to it's first show tonight! :)

on the way there:

IMG_1660.jpg

posted up in the parking lot:

IMG_1673.jpg

Slowly but surely coming together!

-Bagged '98 S10
-Lowered '96 Ranger

-'01 Civic EX Boosted

Archived