Sonic Electronix

new to car audio would like help with ideas for a 1 18" box for small car

hey guys i was just wondering some generic hight width and depth demensions for a ported single 18 box.i dont have all the space in the world if needed i could go sealed. but what would be some demensions for the box? im not researched enough to know if you comment what 35 hz is and 3ft^3 all that jazz. i planned on ordering a custom box online, with custom H W D and then all the custom tuned (if ported) and those other dimensions that are speciffic to the sub that i would have gotten. i think i have like 35" across in the back and a good 32 if not more inches of height. not sure i dont remember the depth yet. if needed can use up back seat (have hatchback) would you guys know if this is possible to fit a good box in this limited space? also i would like a budget subwoofer and i would like to strap anywhere from 1k to 2k watts to it and use it for daily use. any one have any decent budget 18s that they know of also let me know, thanks guys i appreciate it

You will sacrifice almost all of your trunk space with an 18. a 12 only requires about 1.5 ft^3 plus port volume, depending on the frequency that you are tuning the box to. I suggest 35Hz

i have 2 12s in the back right now, kenwoods with 300 each. but i want to go much bigger. i dont care about the back so if it takes up the whole thing i wouldnt mind.

and this would be a long process because im going to save up for everything that has to do with the set up but for the 18 id probably stop around...400 at most perferably 300 if it can be done

bigger isnt always better an 18 may not perform any better than 12's. there are lots of factors in the sub itself ,box design, power applied, car cab etc.. i just installed 2 10's in my trunk an have done quite a few demos already and no one believes they are 10's till i drop the seats. most think there are at least 2 15's in there lol

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

imo dude just upgrade to a better set of 12s or order some better recones ofr them cuz like v8srslo said bigger isnt always better all ive got is a single 10 and once i build a better box ill be in much better shape and before that i was running an 8 that sounded like a 15 til it blew

Edited by Junior Russell

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Obsidian Audio 18" $189 +shipping when they are available and the TFS Guvment Cheeze 18" $239.99 +shipping are some cheap 18's

30x30x20 is a generic height width and depth

Edited by marquez7890

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

With an aq 18, you'll need like 7 cuft after port. So like 9 cubes total. That is fucking hard to accomplish in a trunk car. Good luck with not building the box in the car.