To put the low down, my truck has 163k miles, and is supposed to have a 2" leveling kit in the front, but I'm pretty sure being that old, the rest of the suspension is worn out and needs replaced. I'd like to get it back to a like-new ride, but still be pretty well riding offroad (I do go mudding sometimes). Can anyone recommend what I should look towards getting to get my truck back like new with as level of a body as possible? Just looking for some advice, as I know NOTHING about suspension.

POTATO!

Replace the shocks, bushings.....rear springs way or may not be worn.

You ever plan on lifting it a little?

Edited by azagtoth502

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Replace the shocks, bushings.....rear springs way or may not be worn.

You ever plan on lifting it a little?

Thought about doing a 3" lift overall, with the front leveled. Nothing too drastic. Something nice but not where I have to do pullups to get in...

POTATO!

• 3 weeks later...

do a dry park test.. park your truck get underneath the truck, grab onto you endlinks, tie rods, and any other moveable joint and push and pull, up do sideways, if you can feel any endplay you need to replace the joint, if they dont move you are good, also lift up you front end, grab top and bottom of your wheel and pull from top push on bottom and reverse, may need something stronger like a think metal bar, thatll check your ball joints. dont worry about replacing , just cuz the components are old doesnt mean they need replacing.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

• 4 weeks later...
you can tighten your torsion keys to get your front end back up, but it will make the ride a tad rougher

Only if its model equipped with torsion front suspension. But you are probably correct because he says he goes mudding and one would assume he has 4wd then..

Although I mob the hell outta my 2wd Canyon from time to time and with a locker dont get stuck too often.

OP the dry park test works pretty good. Their should be lift points where you can jack the back of the truck up by the frame or anothe rpoint that would allow the rear to be lifted but have the suspension free...than you can push pull on the rear and see if the bushings on the shackles are worn etc. My trucks at 100K+ right now and everything 100% fine still...ball joints bushing etc....Chevy tough. B)

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.