Second Skin Audio

Level 4 15" slot port help

I am trying to build my box for 2 15" DC level 4 m2's. They will be in a 96 ranger extended cab. i am looking to do port up subs up, port on driver side, subs on passenger side. I have 48"w x 22" H x 16" D to work with. The sides of the box will be indented 1/2" for capeting. I have a couple problems im running into. I've posted a pic of the torre's calc, and it wont give me port pieces.

Also, the12volt.com is giving me the 32.5" port length at 28 hz, and torre's is giving me 33 hz at same length. Whats the deal?Untitled-2.jpg

second, when figuring port displacement, I have never quite understood it. When u subtract your port from the box volume, u have to recalculate your port again, which changes the displacement, right? I feel like im running round in circles with it lol

I know the volume is a little on the small side for the level 4's, but its all the room i got without getting into a wall or covering my back window. Truck is a daily driver.

If u need more info, ask and ill be happy to answer :)

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Edited by rboutin2

m1 or m2 what are you powering them with whats your electrical like any bracing going into the box are you set on a slot port or are you open to aero ports. and what do you want your tuning to be

Edited by will77530

12 volt isn't as accurate. torres automatically accounts for port displacement. try shrinking the port area some to like 5.5 or 5.75 to get more volume. 17 per cube is unnecessary for the driver you have in there.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

so model it in sketchup. the physical port length is the length of the inside walls of the port

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

actually, you don't have near enough volume for a pair of 15s

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

sorry yall lol. I am running an audiopipe ap30001d. Ive got big 3 upgrade and then some, 250 amp alt, and yellowtop under hood, shuriken bt120 in back. My old box broke, and I had 2 3" aeroports per sub on it, dual chamber. redesigning to a slot port and subs up. Old box was ports and sub facing seats. Ive modeled it nuumerous times in autocad, but everytime I think i got it right, every port calc on the web gives me a different number lol.