Second Skin Audio

Re Xxx, Re Mt, Or Fi Btl All 18"

rizzy71

not really theres a few on this very forum that have been for sale, ass well as ROE and CA.com, and if they are blown they are well worth reconing and having a piece of RE at its finest, thats what i did with my 10 that was originally an 18

i just gasped from you going from a 18 to a 10... whooo, but....nice sub either size

yeah rizzy71, out of those

a 18btl fully loaded on a t3k will be the best for the $ 499+850

18xxx will sound amazing on t2k ~400+650

and 18mt on a t4k would hurt the ear drums :D ~500+1000

so the btl will def get loud & sound good

!

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i just gasped from you going from a 18 to a 10... whooo, but....nice sub either size

yeah rizzy71, out of those

a 18btl fully loaded on a t3k will be the best for the $ 499+850

18xxx will sound amazing on t2k ~400+650

and 18mt on a t4k would hurt the ear drums :D ~500+1000

so the btl will def get loud & sound good

!

who the hell pays 650 for an old 18XXX, mine was 325 as an 18.

as for going from an 18 to a 10, i rather have the room for stroller/other baby stuff thats on the way then slap a shitload of sub and amp in the back.

and i'll say it again, because i know alot of people here dont agree, but a BTL will never sound as good as a XXX in perfect installations

who the hell pays 650 for an old 18XXX, mine was 325 as an 18.

as for going from an 18 to a 10, i rather have the room for stroller/other baby stuff thats on the way then slap a shitload of sub and amp in the back.

and i'll say it again, because i know alot of people here dont agree, but a BTL will never sound as good as a XXX in perfect installations

sub$ 1st, amp 2nd

i said roughly 400, maybe $200-250 for the xxx + 110 recone + shipping = ~400

either way, nice sub whether its 18 or 10

and yer dam right the xxx would sound much better

sq_____>____sql____<____spl

___xxx__________btl______mt

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

im actually trying to make the same choice....i have an mt 18 on about 3k daily right now and i love it. but seeing that meade changed from mt's to btl's theres gotta be a reason and i dont think its because they were cheaper. what are the pros and cons of BTL's vs MT's

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

pros are you can beat on them daily with less worries of them overheating and blowing on it.

cons from what i hear the BL numbers arent even close to one another but thats neither here nor there considering RE fails to give any specs whatsoever.

Archived