Sonic Electronix

okay so i have 2 15" l7s on a zx2500, big 3, new alt and 2 batts. i've blown 2 of these l7s so far and im on my third. and its already starting to fuck up. today is the 2nd time ive played it. ive played it for about 4-5 hours. i started out with the gain all the way down and bass boost all the way down.. and increased it about every hour.. they've stunk the whole time. but the thing is the original 2 i had its always been the right woofer thats blown. the left hasnt gave any problems at all. but anyway, right now i just got done playing. my gain is sitting around 1/3 and bass boost just a tad over +9db (half way). the port smells terrible, and now when the subs arent playing.. if i pull up on the right one it makes a weird popping noise, like if something is being disconnected from something kinda? it doesnt make that noise when i push down on it. id love to know why these subs keep fucking up on me? help please?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

NEVER use bass boost bro. Its all dirty power.

I would check the subs, make sure theres no strands of wire from the terminals shorting out on the basket. Also put a multimetre up to em and check they are reading the correct ohms. Do the usual; check the grounding of the amp and whatnot, but yeah, thats all I can think of right now.

06 Corolla Ascent

Kicker ZX300.1

Kicker Comp 12"

Kicker KS600 x 4

Pioneer DEH7500

More to come - Firstly, need money. :\

i never really got that. if it's dirty power then why do they even bother to put it on the amp? and the subs arent loud at all without it. would it be okay to up the gain to make up for no bass boost?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3

Get the system scoped or DD1'ed(Did I just create a new verb?). The HU might be putting out dirty power too. My gues is you're clipped somewhere to be burning coils up. HU sub level should be all the way up to get the MOST preout voltage(whatever your deck voltage may be) to the sub amp. It doesn't sound like you have coil rub which is good. What size is this box of yours? It's possible you're feeding too much air to them(although Kickers like a shit ton of air). Let us know the HU in question, box size, and grounds of the amp. What kind of power and ground wire are you using also?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Get the system scoped or DD1'ed(Did I just create a new verb?). The HU might be putting out dirty power too. My gues is you're clipped somewhere to be burning coils up. HU sub level should be all the way up to get the MOST preout voltage(whatever your deck voltage may be) to the sub amp. It doesn't sound like you have coil rub which is good. What size is this box of yours? It's possible you're feeding too much air to them(although Kickers like a shit ton of air). Let us know the HU in question, box size, and grounds of the amp. What kind of power and ground wire are you using also?

The radios sub level is on +15 (highest) and the box is 9 cf slot port on the side, subs on top. tuned around 31hz. the ground and power is both memphis audio 1/0

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3

Whats the Fs on those subs? What are specs of this box if you wouldn't mind? 31Hz might be a bit low IMO. Does the port go behind one of the subs? Is THAT the sub that keeps having problems? You might have loading/unloading issues.

Also, what's the HU in question? Need to know so preout voltage is known.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

go to my profile and look at the vehicle. it tells all the specs bro, and idk the fs of it is..

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3