Anyone got AVS switchbox? and having trouble with interferance?

I have a avs 9 switch box and its giving me problems, the box is grounded to the body of the car stripped back to bare metal and bolted, then the power is from the front battery, everytime I hit a switch I get a popping through the speakers, and the lights flicker in my air gauges, and my stinger volt meter will stop working.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

If you can tell me a solution that would be awesome I emailed AVS, they had no answer other then telling me to check the ground to my head unit, I googled it and found a few threads on some other sites with people having the same issue but no way to fix it.

Ive got asco valves that are grounded to the body then the positives are connected to the terminals on the AVS box, I had the AVS box grounded to the battery, which I changed to the body but it made no difference, its power is connected to the positive of the battery.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. My error was using the wrong factory accessory wire, when I'd hit a switch it would pull to many amps from the circuit shut off my stereo and all accessory power. I found a better accessory wire using the wire diagram for my car and used a 6 amp diode to isolate any feed back. Hope this helps

06 Monte Carlo

Motorola T605

Alpine CDA 9886

Polk mids and highs

Yellow top

2 XS Power D975

Knukoncepts 0 gauge

1 DC Audio 3.5K

1 DC LVL 4XL 15" Thorshammer package