5.1 System Placement? (updated 1-7-08)

Hey man you ever think about either angling your desk or getting a corner desk? That way you could mount the rears on the walls to the left and right of you and get the optimum sound? Just an idea otherwise go for the ceiling!

yea i thought about that but it wont work with the space in my room, it would take up too much

06 SCION tC

Update:

"Thank you for shopping at ClubIT. We would like to notify you that your order placed

with us has been shipped."

SWEET!! well i assume they set it up for shipment but hasnt been picked up yet so i'll find out tomorrow what the tracking number is and find out when it will be coming in.

06 SCION tC

Ever think about a dedicated corner desk?

no i dont have the room for that, I thought about it but the desk i have i got because it went well with my room colors and my desktop colors. Silver/Metallic and Blue.

I'd rather leave it how it is, it doesnt have to be the most perfect 5.1 placement ever, just the best for what I currently have setup (desk wise)

06 SCION tC

I've decided that since my desk is against one wall and my bed is on the opposite wall and i have been laying in bed watching movies, i am going to put the surround (rears) on the top of my headboard of my bed or somewhere on my headboard, if the speakers seem to be too high being up on my headboard then i'll move them down or position them differently.

But tomorrow I got to go out and buy some longer wires, these wires i think are only 15 ft for the rears which is good if my room was smaller, but i will need 25 at most prolly to be able to run the wires in my room and hide them. This will be perfect cuz if i wanted to bring my speakers with somewhere i'll still have the original wires to use and can leave these others permanently.

I'll prolly get 75 ft roll so i know i have enough. Any recommendations where to buy it or what brand? I'm just going to go to Walmart or Best Buy(if i pass it)

I know walmart might be cheaper but best buy may have something more ideal for quality and i do want quality. I'm not looking to spend more than 20 dollars on them tho.. thats just kind of dumb really.. but i know stuff aint cheap these days if i you want things done the right way

06 SCION tC