5.1 System Placement? (updated 1-7-08)

the front speakers should be set at 1/3 of the "listening" area. so take the area your using and divide it by 3 and one third in on either side is optimal for your front speakers. the rear speakers should be slightly to the rear and on the sides of your sitting area usuall about 6-6.5 ft off the ground. hope that helps

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

the front speakers should be set at 1/3 of the "listening" area. so take the area your using and divide it by 3 and one third in on either side is optimal for your front speakers. the rear speakers should be slightly to the rear and on the sides of your sitting area usuall about 6-6.5 ft off the ground. hope that helps

so the 3 on my desk should be placed fairly ok, its about a 50 inch wide desk, the center will be below monitor, the left/right fronts will be on the main table top on both sides.

Should I move the other two, which i am guessing are really supposed to be the "rear" speakers, but i have a "rear like 16 feet away from me and that seems pretty far for desktop speakers to be.. so the two on the wall are those in OK place? just little higher maybe?

06 SCION tC

no the front ones are fine just center them height wise with your screen, unfortunately you cant adjust the distance on your speakers like witha real surround reciever so it will have to work with the difference in "depth" for your center and front channels. the rear just put them on your side walls just behind and above your sitting height

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

no the front ones are fine just center them height wise with your screen, unfortunately you cant adjust the distance on your speakers like witha real surround reciever so it will have to work with the difference in "depth" for your center and front channels. the rear just put them on your side walls just behind and above your sitting height

also the hieght of my screen is kinda high as it is.. should the speakers be in height of my ears/head cuz my eyes are level with the bottom of my monitor.

So the center speaker will be in same height level as my ears.

06 SCION tC

What If i placed them on the ceiling behind/above me?

i have a ceiling fan but i could put them almost right above me angled down?

\

that works as a last option. but no you do not have to keep the front and rears at the same listening height due to the rears are for surround effects and ambient noises.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg