Second Skin Audio

need help making a box for 8 12s

hi i had a box made for my 4 door blazer a few months ago and for some reason i have no lows but i have unbelivable mids im thinking the box wasnt tuned properly i wanted it at 28hz thinking i would get some nice lows but nope. so now im asking you guys if you could help me i want it to hit great lows and mids and i wanna use it for daily and i want to have some good numbers.

the subs i have are polk 1240 db series i know there not the greatest but its a good start im kinda on a budget

if it was tuned to 28 it should be hitting the lows. how much port area per cube do you have? and make sure all your crossovers and filters on you amp and head unit are set right.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

well thats what i was thinking but for some reason its not hitting them i mean theres some lows but nothing like how it should be for 8 12s this is my first box i had made but this is what i know who knows how true it is but its a 8 cube box so 1 cube for each sub. i just got a new radio so maybe that could be it but before my other radio quit it was alot louder plus i dont know if this makes a difference but i have the subs ran in parallel to.

the box is tuned to 28hz and its 36x53 and the port is 1-6 thats all i know if i knew more i would tell you. but the subs are polk i just didnt have alot of money and i knew i should of did better but i just wanted 8 theres not to many cars with bass around here

the most simple answer I can come up with, without looking up the specs on your subs is. its very likely that 1 cubic foot per sub is way way to small for those subs to function properly. it is very likely you need 1.5-2.00 per sub ported, going that small will limit the drivers output all together. you would most likely be better off selling 4 of them and building an 8 cuft box for 4 of them

XS-power1.jpg

Give complete dimensions on box. Height width depth. Then repeat but with the port. Then we can help you alot more. I'm willing to bet you might have miscalculated your port area(too small) and tuning. And like said above^^^ box is rather small.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets