hi. I am doing Mechanical Engineering and I need to a way to find the frequency of a circuit. below is all I have of the circuit.

coil consists of resistance of 100 ohms

and inductance of 200 mH

ac voltage is v=200sin500t applied across the coil

the rest of the question is fine, just can not calculate it due to the fact I do not know what frequency it is working at.

thanks in advance for the help.

6F12AARZFX.jpg

What do you mean size of Hz? size of Hz makes no sense, Hz is a frequency, thats all. Its like saying, "what size are you going on the interstate?"

Maybe you mean the amplitude of the voltage, in which case it is 200.

200sin(500t) basically means you have a sinusoid that goes between 200 and -200 and does this 500 times every second

ah right, now I get it, when I was reading the question, I had no idea about the question until you just explained it.

just an other question, when I am getting Xl, I got 628 ohms. and for current flow I got 100 ohms. does these sound right to you.

6F12AARZFX.jpg

This is basic ohms law.

You need to know it inside and out.

Not ask very easy questions.

Ohms law.

Go read

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Actually it is.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz