Second Skin Audio

Whats the best 12"-13" Sub for 4th order bandpass

Well im building a fiberglass 4th order box in the back of my 65 chevelle convertible for a 12" or 13". I am going 4th order route because lack of cabin pressure would probably not work well with a regular box. I havent bought the subs yet because i am debating on what subs to buy. I have noticed alot of manufacturers dont include the specs for their subs in the product descriptions so its difficult to determine if they will work or not. I Will be putting around 2k watts to each sub. Kindof narrowed it down to the re xxx and the jl audio 13w7, thats based on specs that they will for sure work in a 4th order. I would like to know of some other 12" subs that will work with a 4th order and they need to have an rms of at least 1500watts.

How much airspace and mounting depth are you working with?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I have enough airspace to run any two 12 or 13" subs. Im just looking for a sub that works in a 4th order, so i guess it needs to be a sub with a high qes and a low fs. Also one that can take 1500wrms+

Edited by Rich65

you should probably realize that you should wait a little fucking while before saying "oh no one on this free forum wants to help me, what a waste of a thread"

edit: and that you should also realize that we get these threads multiple times a day, every day. it gets tiring to post the same exact answer every time, so no one bothers anymore.

Edited by Kranny

you should probably realize that you should wait a little fucking while before saying "oh no one on this free forum wants to help me, what a waste of a thread"

edit: and that you should also realize that we get these threads multiple times a day, every day. it gets tiring to post the same exact answer every time, so no one bothers anymore.

He does have a point OP, you barely waited an hour..

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

not to be a rent-a-mod or anything.

but the other reason your not getting any replies is you FAILED TO READ THE RULES!!!

there is NO what is better, whos the best, or VS threads WHAT SO EVER.

people on this forum very rarely help others who DO NOT READ!!!!

if you cant read the rules, why should we help you? you probably wont read it anyways.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

not to be a rent-a-mod or anything.

but the other reason your not getting any replies is you FAILED TO READ THE RULES!!!

there is NO what is better, whos the best, or VS threads WHAT SO EVER.

people on this forum very rarely help others who DO NOT READ!!!!

if you cant read the rules, why should we help you? you probably wont read it anyways.

Dude you are tripping, its not a vs thread, and its not a what would be louder thread either. Its a what sub will work for this enclosure type the best thread. I dont see how that breaks any rules. I wouldnt want to put a sub made for a ported enclosure in a sealed type box because its not meant for that.