Second Skin Audio

i have recently bought second skin spectrum liquid and also fat mat. I know fatmat is not the best but i feel it will work better than nothing. But my question is should i put the second skin spectrum down first and fatmat over top of it or put the fatmat down and then the second skin spray. Also ive heard some good reviews on the second skin spectrum, what do yall think about it as a good deadener? Thanks for your time and info....

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Spectrum was designed to be applied directly to the sheet metal of the vehicle. It is not recommended to be applied on top of another product, especially FatMat since that particular product's "aluminum facing" is more plastic than metal, thus the Spectrum will not adhere too well to the surface of the FatMat.

With that said, if you want to use both, apply the Spectrum first THEN the FatMat. And allow the Spectrum to cure for a solid week or more (two is preferred) before you apply the FatMat... though I doubt the FatMat will have a profound effect when used on top of the Spectrum.

Also please make sure you achieve a proper thickness of 1mm-2mm worth of Spectrum. Far too often it is applied too thinly. A gallon will cover approximately 40 sq. ft. @ 1mm thick., 20 sq. ft. @ 2mm. So keep that in mind while applying it.

Hope that helps and have fun!

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Preciate the information, i will keep that in mind when im doing my install. also is it safe to apply to the roof and the doors?

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

No problem.

And it's perfectly safe to apply to the roof and doors. Just apply it in thin coats so that it doesn't run or drip and you'll be good to go.

How are you planning on applying it? Sprayer, roller, brush?

usa_render4.png

i have 2 spray guns and some rollers i want to spray it tho as i think that will be the most efficient way. what is the best and most efficient way of putting it on?

Spray is the best method. It's faster and produces a much better finish.

usa_render4.png

Yep, that's pretty much it. Spectrum cleans up with just soap and water.

It's best to keep a bucket of water to submerge all the spray gun parts in immediately after each use. This will help prevent buildup and keep the Spectrum from permanently gumming up the spray gun. Pretty much never let the Spectrum dry in/on anything that you don't want it stuck to.

usa_render4.png