88 Caprice Classic - Dual Alts

So, I am thinking of going a different direction with my build and I am in need of a second HO ALT... I purchased the one I currently have installed from DC Power. I emailed them today and they responded with "At the moment we do not offer a dual kit for a 5.0 GM, it's possible that we may have them available at a later time but for now we do not have them."

Is there anyone with my GEN vehicle using dual ALTS? Do I have any other options?

1988 Chevy Caprice Classic - 5.0 V8

Current setup -

DC Power 250 amp ALT

1 XS Power 3400 - up front

4 XS Power 3400's in back

1 Sundown SAZ-4500D

Big 3

Looking to add another 4500D and more batts but without the ALT I am thinking otherwise. This is a Summer only car but I drive it quite a bit.... This is not for a Competition application.

Edited by nidus

I'd call mechman, from what I've seen most people have had the best luck getting an alt kit built with them when other people said they couldn't be done.

Also... pics of car?

Hoping it aint all donk :rofl:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Also... pics of car?

Hoping it aint all donk :rofl:

No, I'm not a donk kind of guy... I am saving pics for my build log at the moment but I can't see any harm in giving a preview... Mind you these are pics of when I JUST put the rims and tires on and was testing out fitment. RIMS missing center caps in these pics and now have Caprice centers. Complete build log comming soon.

dsc03644n.jpg

dsc03649e.jpg

dsc03639n.jpg

I was thinking instead of going with another 4500d that I would ditch my existing 4500 get a NS-1 instead... I know it's not optimal but seeing as I'm not seeing anything below 14v at the moment, would I be safe using my existing ALT with the NS-1 and just make sure I am charging all the Batts when the car is in the garage religiously?

Thanks in advance!

I have no quality input but I did just wanna say that is a clean ass box! The knockoffs does it justice. I been seeing ALOT of guys bringing the knockoff game back in! Cudos man! Looks lovely and good luck on the build!

I have no quality input but I did just wanna say that is a clean ass box! The knockoffs does it justice. I been seeing ALOT of guys bringing the knockoff game back in! Cudos man! Looks lovely and good luck on the build!

Thanks, I appreciate it... In chicago, all you see are donks :shrug: but I get many more looks with something much simpler... go figure.

Edited by nidus

Maybe this will give you some ideas. Im sure there is someone locally that can make some brackets. Its pretty simple. You will need to make the alts run off serpentine unless you already have that done.

I have some pics of duals and triple on that engine... need to find them tho.

http://www.facebook....96550170&type=3

Edited by Iraggi Alternator

Hey Nidus, what are you doing for sound or where can I see the log?

I've been thinking what if someone did a 4th order bandpass wall in a caprice classic with the box extending from the back of the front seat into the trunk - a left and right chamber that have 6 15's or 18s firing into a center chamber that is ported and firing into the front seat, it'd be a total of 12 15's or 18s depending on space, and money etc.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...