can't seem to get a signal from the sub amp with my dd1?

Hey guys I just finished my build with 4 level 4 15's. Im trying to tune it all with my dd1 and am running into some trouble. My sub amp is a crescendo bc5500d. The RCA's are input left and right, I plugged each one into the dd1 and turned the volume all the way up with track 1 and never got a signal. I plugged the dd1 into a rca going into the 175.4 i also have for my mids/highs and it told me that my headunit clipped at 40/40. I then plugged the dd1 positive end into the positive speaker terminal on the sub amp( this would be the postive wire that comes from the box right?) and plugged the black end into the ground for my sub amp and got no signal from the dd1 with the volume at 39 since that is the max unclipped volume. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks in advance guys!

A couple things could be happening. Make sure the bass boost is off, make sure your LPF isnt too low, and you might try grounding to speaker negative instead of the main ground.

Are the subs hooked up?

yes they were hooked up as far as subs to amp goes but i unplugged the rcas that were going to the sub amp. Just to clarify all my settings are flat on the head unit, i have the gain, subsonic, and bass boost all the way off on the amp

i didnt know both DD leads were supposed to both go to the speaker terminals. did you read the manual?

edit: ninja'd

Edited by Kranny