can't seem to get a signal from the sub amp with my dd1?

I assumed he already had hooked it to the power ground, that's why i suggested using speaker ground because i heard somewhere that in some instances you may have to do that to get a signal.

Hey guys I just finished my build with 4 level 4 15's. Im trying to tune it all with my dd1 and am running into some trouble. My sub amp is a crescendo bc5500d. The RCA's are input left and right, I plugged each one into the dd1 and turned the volume all the way up with track 1 and never got a signal. I plugged the dd1 into a rca going into the 175.4 i also have for my mids/highs and it told me that my headunit clipped at 40/40. I then plugged the dd1 positive end into the positive speaker terminal on the sub amp( this would be the postive wire that comes from the box right?) and plugged the black end into the ground for my sub amp and got no signal from the dd1 with the volume at 39 since that is the max unclipped volume. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks in advance guys!

cool that worked( rca's plugged in, positive to positive speaker terminal and negative to ground with the subs unhooked. successfully dd1'd my ride so thanks guys, just curious what you guys do to the bass boost from this point. I read the book and it said the subsonic isn't needed for 15's so ill just leave this turned all the way down, and then with the hpf and lpf on the 175.4 i am a little confused, looking at the manual it shows 125 hz for a 12db/oct on the highpass for 6.5s and 100hz for a 24db/oct on highpass as well, and nothing for low pass.. here are the specs for my components. High-Pass (HP): 3.0kHz @ 18dB/octave Butterworth

Low-Pass (LP): 3.0kHz @ 12dB/octave Butterworth

cool thats what i assumed, so go to 80-100hz on the 4 channel and leave the lp all the way down? on the headunit the max subwoofer level is +6(not bass boost) so im leaving it there correct? and leave the eq to flat on the headunit?

If you can leave subwoofer at +6 without clipping, leave it.

You can play with the HU eq a little to get the sound you want, just don't go maxing anything out.

On the 175.4, there should be a switch for the crossover, hp-through-lp or something. Set it to hpf and the lpf knob does nothing. So just set the hpf knob to 80-100.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread