Sonic Electronix

ok, its cool. Everyone might go ape shit on this. But, stay with us.... this may get a little bit involved. Can i ask what your other gear is? Is the boost your using on your amp or HU? or both?

Kranny are you still here? wanna help the man out?

Edit - yep, you are..... no idea of the OP's experiance. I think he needs some tools to correctly set some stuff... you agree?

Edited by KyLar96

Well id love to know why these things keep blowing,, cause it really sucks paying 80 bucks to ship the fuckers back and get a replacement

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

ok, its cool. Everyone might go ape shit on this. But, stay with us.... this may get a little bit involved. Can i ask what your other gear is? Is the boost your using on your amp or HU? or both?

Kranny are you still here? wanna help the man out?

The sub level on the hu is +15 (highest) and the boost is the bass boost on the amp.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3

Well id love to know why these things keep blowing,, cause it really sucks paying 80 bucks to ship the fuckers back and get a replacement

Your best bet is to find Somone near u with a o scope or dd1 and have them set your gains for you.

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place

Ok,

Altima is with it....

Your 17, and we are glad your with the SMD comunity... welcome. What i'd like to see, is, you take the advice....that im sure is directly coming.

You have some really decent gear, and im stoked to see you even invested in a HO altly. Good on ya.... but, i think more tools are needed for some help in correcting the issue bro.

Edited by KyLar96

Ok,

Altima is with it....

Your 17, and we are glad your with the SMD comunity... welcome. What i'd like to see, is, you take the advice....that im sure is directly coming.

You have some really decent gear, and im stoked to see you even invested in a HO altly. Good on ya.... but, i think more tools are needed for some help in correcting the issue bro.

Thanks bro, i have one of the nicest systems here where i live if not the nicest. But when i set the gains with that meter, not using bass boost.. They still wont be loud at all?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3

Yes sir,

Do you know of detecting distortion with a meter, scope, DD-1. Have you read about the DD-1 tool on this site? You'll start with your deck, and work to the rear. Have you checked the tool out before or heard of gain setting with a tool VS you ear hole? Just trying to get a feel of your experiance. Having a HO alty and some bat bank gives me hope..... It'll get sorted bro....

im not no idiot. i mean, im pretty experienced with this stuff, but i've used bass boost on all my other systems and never had a problem, and without bass boost on the amp the system isnt loud so its like you guys are saying not turn it all the way up and play them as loud as they should be played?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3

"That METER",... can i ask what meter?... multi meter? scope? or do you or your buds have a DD-1?

no, but maybe the local audio shop does.. i'll see.

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

Big 3