My Probe Build! Time for something new. Like paint, for example.

seriously looks really good man... great idea on the box design. I actually gave that a thought for my own car after I was this.... for the reason of reducing the width of my box in order to fit 2 12's in my trunk and fire forward.... unfortunately I already have my sub ordered :shrug: but it should be much louder than what I recently had :)

seriously looks really good man... great idea on the box design. I actually gave that a thought for my own car after I was this.... for the reason of reducing the width of my box in order to fit 2 12's in my trunk and fire forward.... unfortunately I already have my sub ordered :shrug: but it should be much louder than what I recently had :)

Thanks man! Good luck with your setup, I'm gonna be following it.

nice build

Thanks man!

where the hell did u get idspl's? i hurd they didnt have any more and that was 8 yrs ago

Yeah they're all but extinct now. I was just looking for some temporary bump last summer and scored these almost on accident. These were the last of six from a competition vehicle. Two others are floating around, two are sitting here blown. I'm thinking of getting recones.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

Soo BAD news. My car took a massive shit, believe it or not. Sounds like an engine knock from the crank pulley side of the engine. I'm gonna change all the idlers and tensioners just to make sure, but it doesn't sound good to me. It's a damn shame, because I never once abused the car. Wet weather is my primary suspect, I hit some nasty puddles and my CAI did me in, puffed out white smoke and eventually ended up with a knock. Hard to say though. I'll keep i posted. Worst comes to worst I just have to get a new motor..... Or maybe a new vehicle. I'd like to stay with a probe but with college bearing down I can't afford the time or money for the upkeep. I may have to park this one in the barn for awhile.

Soo BAD news. My car took a massive shit, believe it or not. Sounds like an engine knock from the crank pulley side of the engine. I'm gonna change all the idlers and tensioners just to make sure, but it doesn't sound good to me. It's a damn shame, because I never once abused the car. Wet weather is my primary suspect, I hit some nasty puddles and my CAI did me in, puffed out white smoke and eventually ended up with a knock. Hard to say though. I'll keep i posted. Worst comes to worst I just have to get a new motor..... Or maybe a new vehicle. I'd like to stay with a probe but with college bearing down I can't afford the time or money for the upkeep. I may have to park this one in the barn for awhile.

Make sure your gas is free of water, change your plugs, check O2 sensor, run 93 for a tank or two and see where it all gets you. Knock is usually caused by fuel burning improperly (octane too low).

I'm gonna hate

Make sure your gas is free of water, change your plugs, check O2 sensor, run 93 for a tank or two and see where it all gets you. Knock is usually caused by fuel burning improperly (octane too low).

I run 91 as it is. It's a KLZE, so compression is 10:1, I need to. I'll look into a few of those though. I doubt it's just gonna go away sadly.... But I'm an optimist first and foremost, so it can't hurt to try, thanks for the ideas.

I run 91 as it is. It's a KLZE, so compression is 10:1, I need to. I'll look into a few of those though. I doubt it's just gonna go away sadly.... But I'm an optimist first and foremost, so it can't hurt to try, thanks for the ideas.

Well, can't say I've had too much experience with Mazda engines besides RX7 rotaries but usually engine knock/shake is from high compression due to carbon buildup, contaminated gas, or a fouled up O2/mass airflow sensor. I don't know how clean your engine is, probably cleaner than I know. I rebuild my engines every 150k and seafoam every 50k with no problems for 500k+ on 3 F-150 5.4ls various years, 2 '95 Chevy 1500s with 350 small blocks, and now my Vortec 4.3l and I've had knock with a few of them before I took care of the root cause.

I'm gonna hate

Archived