Where to put 2 sets of composites

I'm looking for good sounding music. Hereing every note with good balance not knowing where the sound is coming from. Don't think I will go with 8's....just keep the 6.5's. Mainly wondering if putting both sets in front will be like night and day rather than 1 in front and 1 in rear. Or if put on the rta, eq properly and mix correctly with fader, the end effect will be about the same either way.

Don't have a separare eq as of now...just the adjustable 7 band on the HU which I think is pretty decent.

Don't roll your eyes....but what is running active?

OK ... My reasoning for suggesting the 8" drivers is that in those vehicles, with the bose mounting brackets, it is a simple tradeout install ... everything bolts into place without tearing up your door pannels ... Why buy 2 cheap 6.5" component sets when you can buy 1 bad ass 8" component set with cleaner, more powerful output power ??

You can tear into your door pannels if you wish, I'm only trying to make things easier for you ...

was hoping to keep it simple, but to get the best is never easy.

If 2 sets in front....run those off the 4 ch amp and run the rear coax off the HU?

would it be bad to just put the Sonya's that are in the front right now in the back then?

8" component set up front on the front 2 channels, 6.5" component set or coaxals in the back doors on the back 2 channels ... WITHOUT door pannel modification ...

keeping it simple Sir !!! In sound quality ... the challenge is to do more with less ...

Oops double post....what about tweeter placement if there are going to be 2 on each side?

simple ... 2 tweeters in the A-pillars (1 in each a-pillar) to set your stage and image, and run your coaxs in the rear locations ...

Now ... as far as running active ... Exactly how much money was you wanting to spend on this project again ???

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

39042654023_large.jpg

39042654022_large.jpg

Here is a couple of pics of LeAnn Flanagan's Trailblazer ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I found out what active is and I am not quite going to go at that level. I'm just gonna use the crossover.

Thanks. Good info. I didn't see any "make sure you don't this" posts so regardless of which direction I go its gonna sound a shit ton better than the sony's in front and factory in the back.

Edited by stipek

Headunit - Sony DSX-200X

Subs - (2) Modified American Bass 18's

Monoamp - DD M4

Front Stage - CDT HD62-AS components with

4 Crescendo PWX 6.5

4 Channel Amp - Hifonics ZRX1000.4

Cadence 0 gauge

Singer 275 amp Alt

D7500 XS Power battery

Quad 1/0 input Toolmaker terminals

SMD OM-1

RGB LEDs

BUILD LOG CURRENT ABOVE SETUP http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191602-2003-bravada-2-18s-ab-dd-xs-singer/

BUILD LOG (2 MTX 7512's)http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/size]