97 jimmy (4.3l) squealing pulley after belt fell off

FML! SCREW GM AND THEIR BUNK ASS GASKETS!!!!

ok now thats out of the way!

about a week after buying the SUV i had a serious coolant leak from a unknown location....

i pin pointed the location to be the heater core hose ----> the intake manifold... after replacing both hoses (from the heater core and to the heater core from the intake/water pump)

the leak stopped... now halfway through my car audio build it decides to leak again (right after i install my singer alternator too)

so i got a Fel-Pro gasket kit

(includes the upper intake gaskets and fuel injector O-ring)

i heard this job is about 4-6 hours depending on how mechanically inclined you are (id say im average i did a few motor swaps in honda's and rebuilt my 4G63T motor twice lol)

i guess i made this thread to see if anyone has any advice (already got a few tips) if they recently did one

and to post pictures of the job if anyone needs reference to do it rather than paying 700-900 dollars ( i was quoted 600 from a local mechanic LOL)

not sure if this is a good place to post this as there are tons of forums regarding this thing but im trying to be a more active member in more sub-forums rather than just hanging out in a few!

(mods if this is useless and unwanted feel free to take out the trash)

i will be updating tomorrow with videos/pics of how it goes :(

if only i could have taken a vacation day and got paid for this bull!

Edited by Bear Gri11z

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

my 00 jimmy blew it two months back, went and had it done....i wasnt fckin with it. it was a long process and i could of done it but i didnt wanna take a chance and then regret not taking it in. i payed $300 for the work itself

here is the link with some pictures on how to do it, theres videos on youtube aswell

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=879228

one of my "mechanic" friends is gonna be helping so it shouldnt be to bad

but he made a comment about it saying its a waste because every time he did one (3 total in his lifetime) there was some sort of bearing failure in all of the motors not to long after replacing the intake manifold gasket :(

the motor and tranny are pushing 160k but it runs strong i dunno lol its only 30-40 bucks for the cheap gasket kit and a long days worth of work... cant go wrong i guess if the motor is going to fail. there isnt anything thats going to stop it. lol

and just to be clear i have no noticeable coolant in the oil/crankcase or vice versa... the coolant is leaking out of the front passenger side (behind the alt bracket)

im not burning any coolant (exhuast/spark plugs look tip top)

doesnt stutter or bog down..

i dunno i think he is just being a dick because he had bad experiences lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

well mine did it at 132, they say thats when they usually do it 130-140k....but not sure about the rest

i would still change the oil on it, add new coolant. mine was leaking on the opposite side

Uh, sorry for my comment, I didn't realize that you're only doing the intake manifold gasket. That's easy on these trucks. Way easier than heads...

hahah i read it and was like :search: im not doing the head gasket?!?!? lol its all good tho

well mine did it at 132, they say thats when they usually do it 130-140k....but not sure about the rest

i would still change the oil on it, add new coolant. mine was leaking on the opposite side

once i seen it was leaking coolant i drained the oil and coolant to make sure there was no mix (natural instinct after owning a 00 ford explorer XLT)

but yeah oil will be changed again (already changed it today )and after a 100 miles of seafoam action to get any loose crud and moisture (if any) build up

and anything involving the coolant will be flushed (radiator,heater core,ect)

im not looking forward to it but its got my audio build in a stand still :(

Well I got it all fixed....

Go through the car wash ans my serpentine belt slips off in the middle of the car wash... so I shut the truck off wait for it to get done get a few people to help push it out of the way..n realize when I was hooking up coolant lines I didn't tighten one of them so it blew coolant all over my belt and pulleys... how much damage could it cause running the engine for about a min or less in the car wash? (Didn't hear it fall off only noticed my battery light was on and voltage sat at 12.1 then I shut it off didn't overheat ans had oil pressure)

I got a new belt and clamped down the loose coolant hose and now there is a loud squealing when the engine is under load..... no coolant leaks water pump works and has no play... could it just be the coolant that is still all over the pulleys?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!