Wanting some help on building a computer.

for PSUs take a look at this.

you will shit bricks.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5464/seasonic-platinum-series-860w/6

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

its about to get interesting.

shh no.

just saying you dont need server level CPUs (yes i know they arent server level, but the end user stopped seeing gains from intels high end processors for gaming quite a while ago)

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

sheesh you guys cant even build rigs for gaming and its easy.

i5-2500k with 1866mhz of memory on whichever SSD your a fan of with the biggest video card available right now (because of his budget he is very clearly a X80 buyer).

you stop getting FPS increases after the i5-2500k and 1866mhz of memory from the processor and memory. then its all up to the video card.

going over to newegg and throwing the most expensive shit into the basket isnt going to get you the best computer.

this isnt the audio world, where you actually get what you pay for.

only the 1155 skt is att he end of its life expecaly with the minor flop of ivy bridge and its lack there of oc ability and it running hotter than sandy does thus y i chose the 3820 in my post. but carfully look through what i posted and u will note its all carfully looked thu and planned and under budget and he could go with a 680 as i included monitor and kb and mouse in my list and still at the 1900 dollar price range for everything, by far i did not pick anything that was the most expensive, and i have a 2500k but i know that a 3820 can yeld better gains with its quad chan memory and higher clock speeds with an average of 4.6-50

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

shh no.

just saying you dont need server level CPUs (yes i know they arent server level, but the end user stopped seeing gains from intels high end processors for gaming quite a while ago)

yes same skt as a server but the 3820 is the best the op can do and be set for future games as even with the 2500k being a very fast chip the 1155skt is at end of life and with his budget would u rather be set or when say crysis 3 or newer games being heavly threaded wouldnt u rather have the advantage of the 8 way processing after ht, now i can tell u for a fact that my 2500k was outperformed by a 2600k with same ram and oc and gpu in crysis 2 aswell as crysis

however u r right sheena, i did forget seasonic psu's ive just been a fan of the corsair hx and ax lines. and with the effecancy of Kepler u dont need a big psu now

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

i5-2500k with 1866mhz of memory on whichever SSD your a fan of with the biggest video card available right now (because of his budget he is very clearly a X80 buyer).

you stop getting FPS increases after the i5-2500k and 1866mhz of memory from the processor and memory. then its all up to the video card.

going over to newegg and throwing the most expensive shit into the basket isnt going to get you the best computer.

only the 1155 skt is att he end of its life expecaly with the minor flop of ivy bridge and its lack there of oc ability and it running hotter than sandy does thus y i chose the 3820 in my post. but carfully look through what i posted and u will note its all carfully looked thu and planned and under budget and he could go with a 680 as i included monitor and kb and mouse in my list and still at the 1900 dollar price range for everything, by far i did not pick anything that was the most expensive, and i have a 2500k but i know that a 3820 can yeld better gains with its quad chan memory and higher clock speeds with an average of 4.6-50

higher gains where? for gaming your already using 10% of your cpu and 80% of your GPU. (in BF3, which is what this is about, so lets keep it there)

3XXX is still ivy bridge and runs quite hot if you apply an OC for no reason.

even then if your going to encode videos, or anything the 2500K is still better.. up until you get to multi threading apps, like virtual machines and other way off topic subjects.

i guess what i have a big issue with is your choice of ram and motherboard..

like asrock? they're about as relevant as EVGA is in the mobo market.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

what is the purpose of the PC, that will really dictate what parts you get

Very first post. He's going to be playing games. Specifically BF3 and a few others.

My bad :D

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

shh no.

yes same skt as a server but the 3820 is the best the op can do and be set for future games as even with the 2500k being a very fast chip the 1155skt is at end of life and with his budget would u rather be set or when say crysis 3 or newer games being heavly threaded wouldnt u rather have the advantage of the 8 way processing after ht, now i can tell u for a fact that my 2500k was outperformed by a 2600k with same ram and oc and gpu in crysis 2 aswell as crysis

crysis 3 is still going to be a console port and can run off pentium 4 and a gtx 680.

i dont see how a 2600k can out perform a 2500k when they both use 2% of their processing power lol.

HT or not, you arent jamming 95% cpu usage or anywhere near it for gaming.

and gaming isnt about CPUs, its about GPUs.

im still rockin LGA 775 on my other computer with a zotac AMP! 470. still does about 40 fps in all the major titles. except all the console ported games, easily does 60+

stuff like skyrim, modern warfare, etc..

but like BF3, it actually used 85% of my LGA775 proc, but im held back by GPU power even though im clocked 2-300mhz over stock clocks on it.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

higher gains where? for gaming your already using 10% of your cpu and 80% of your GPU. (in BF3, which is what this is about, so lets keep it there)

3XXX is still ivy bridge and runs quite hot if you apply an OC for no reason.

even then if your going to encode videos, or anything the 2500K is still better.. up until you get to multi threading apps, like virtual machines and other way off topic subjects.

i guess what i have a big issue with is your choice of ram and motherboard..

like asrock? they're about as relevant as EVGA is in the mobo market.

3820, 3930k, 3960x are sandy bridge E to start off with as it is the 2011 skt, the asrock extreme 6 in price to performance ratio is one of the best boards on the market for the 2011skt at the moment, as for ram i wasnt picky in choosing i went for a quad channel pack was all, i personaly run gskill ram and am happy with it as well as a asrock e3g3 z68 board and have had 0 issues with it

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

maybe theres SOME performance gain.

but if you throw a 580, or 680 into any game, your automatically over 60 fps.

anything over 60 the human eye cant see.

but when your doing 130 fps, and 150 fps.. and you go from 130 fps with a 2500k to 135 fps with a 2600k.. theres no damn point.

i mean this dude isnt buying a computer to dick flex to his friends. it used to be, WOW you do over 60 fps at 1920x1080? grats, must have a bad ass OC.

now its, well i do 500 fps on hardware i know nothing about. while thats great and all, 60 is the key. hes going to Vsync it anyways, so theres literally NO point to having all this power for no reason.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

2011 is completely useless unless you're going for a 6-core chip. Quad-core memory is the only big differentiation here over 1155's dual-channel and even then it's a negligible difference. The PCIe 3.0 will be useless on the Gen3 board you listed with a Sandy Bridge chip. The i7 will bring him nothing over an i5 for gaming. The $100 extra spent on the CPU and motherboard would cover the cost between the $400 GTX 670 and the $500 GTX 680.

X79 has PCIe 3.0 native. Z77 also has PCIe 3.0 native. Z68 only has PCIe 3.0 on Gen3 boards. But Z77 and X79 offer no real-world gaming scenario advantages over the last-gen Z68 unless you're running more than 2 graphics cards due to the 16 PCIe lanes on the CPU. For the money spent on the upgrade from Z68 to Z77 or X79 you're throwing away money that could be spent on bigger graphics cards, larger SSD's, or more hard drive space. You offered up a whopping 32GB of 1333 RAM at 9-9-9 and also left him hanging with a 64GB SSD and a power supply that will be stressed to the limit if he ever wants to add a second graphics card. Just wasted money on the wrong parts.

1155 is not a dying platform. Ivy Bridge brings the most up-to-date CPU's Intel has ever offered with native PCIe 3.0 and native USB 3.0 as well as Thunderbolt support on many Z77 boards. While Z77 brings much of that to the table, the price jump from Z68 to Z77 warrants a minor performance increase and unless budget is of no concern the money can be better spent elsewhere.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived