Wanting some help on building a computer.

its about to get interesting.

shh no.

just saying you dont need server level CPUs (yes i know they arent server level, but the end user stopped seeing gains from intels high end processors for gaming quite a while ago)

yes same skt as a server but the 3820 is the best the op can do and be set for future games as even with the 2500k being a very fast chip the 1155skt is at end of life and with his budget would u rather be set or when say crysis 3 or newer games being heavly threaded wouldnt u rather have the advantage of the 8 way processing after ht, now i can tell u for a fact that my 2500k was outperformed by a 2600k with same ram and oc and gpu in crysis 2 aswell as crysis

crysis 3 is still going to be a console port and can run off pentium 4 and a gtx 680.

i dont see how a 2600k can out perform a 2500k when they both use 2% of their processing power lol.

HT or not, you arent jamming 95% cpu usage or anywhere near it for gaming.

and gaming isnt about CPUs, its about GPUs.

im still rockin LGA 775 on my other computer with a zotac AMP! 470. still does about 40 fps in all the major titles. except all the console ported games, easily does 60+

stuff like skyrim, modern warfare, etc..

but like BF3, it actually used 85% of my LGA775 proc, but im held back by GPU power even though im clocked 2-300mhz over stock clocks on it.

be that is may but in terms of setting the op up to be "futureproofed" it serves no point in going with a 2500k or anything on 1155 as its at the end of its life and will be replaced at the end of the year.

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

2011 is completely useless unless you're going for a 6-core chip. Quad-core memory is the only big differentiation here over 1155's dual-channel and even then it's a negligible difference. The PCIe 3.0 will be useless on the Gen3 board you listed with a Sandy Bridge chip. The i7 will bring him nothing over an i5 for gaming. The $100 extra spent on the CPU and motherboard would cover the cost between the $400 GTX 670 and the $500 GTX 680.

X79 has PCIe 3.0 native. Z77 also has PCIe 3.0 native. Z68 only has PCIe 3.0 on Gen3 boards. But Z77 and X79 offer no real-world gaming scenario advantages over the last-gen Z68 unless you're running more than 2 graphics cards due to the 16 PCIe lanes on the CPU. For the money spent on the upgrade from Z68 to Z77 or X79 you're throwing away money that could be spent on bigger graphics cards, larger SSD's, or more hard drive space. You offered up a whopping 32GB of 1333 RAM at 9-9-9 and also left him hanging with a 64GB SSD and a power supply that will be stressed to the limit if he ever wants to add a second graphics card. Just wasted money on the wrong parts.

1155 is not a dying platform. Ivy Bridge brings the most up-to-date CPU's Intel has ever offered with native PCIe 3.0 and native USB 3.0 as well as Thunderbolt support on many Z77 boards. While Z77 brings much of that to the table, the price jump from Z68 to Z77 warrants a minor performance increase and unless budget is of no concern the money can be better spent elsewhere.

and your ssd is ment as a boot drive and for for the games u play the most not mass storrage

and the 670 and 680 are pci 3.0 native, so y r u gonna run a i5 2500k and bottle neck the shit out of them? 2500k can only do pci 2.0 and 1155 is done after ivy and ivy is useless in the gaming market as it does not clock as well as sandy and its much hotter, and to consider kepler gtx680 only needs 650 watt psu how will it be stressed? and sure i coulda actually picked good ram, however seeing as 2011 can be overclocked with blck u dont need stupid fast ram, it only helps

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

you can never futureproof a computer.

anyone in IT knows this lol.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

in IT. not in the basement making gaming rigs. ;) home pcs are labeled as disposable technology at this point.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

here, look at this.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5276/intel-core-i7-3820-review-285-quadcore-sandy-bridge-e/3

~10 fps is great, but when its over 100-150 fps it doesnt matter.

hes going to be vysynced at 60hz anyways.

1866mhz memory

580 or 680 graphics

anything else doesnt matter in the gaming world.

anything over that, is purely minimal fps. its like trying to gain DBs after a 160.

yeah you spent 10 grand for an extra tenth.. but doesnt matter in the real world.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

in IT. not in the basement making gaming rigs. ;) home pcs are labeled as disposable technology at this point.

taking shots nate? :P theres no basements in Houston. you should know this

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

not at you preston. I just like to fuck with him. lol. I didnt even see what was written just maxims comment.

in other words just stirring up the shit because its funny.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

not at you preston. I just like to fuck with him. lol. I didnt even see what was written just maxims comment.

in other words just stirring up the shit because its funny.

been a while since youve done that.. your slacking.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Quote removed to save space

and your ssd is ment as a boot drive and for for the games u play the most not mass storrage

and the 670 and 680 are pci 3.0 native, so y r u gonna run a i5 2500k and bottle neck the shit out of them? 2500k can only do pci 2.0 and 1155 is done after ivy and ivy is useless in the gaming market as it does not clock as well as sandy and its much hotter

The 3820 CPU you linked has no PCIe 3.0 support either. Ivy Bridge (on socket 1155) is the ONLY desktop CPU architecture that offers PCIe 3.0 support. Nothing in Intel's 1155 Core i5 or i7 lineup will bottleneck a single graphics card or even 2 cards in CrossFireX or SLI. There is no reason to ever move to the X79 platform for single-screen gaming. Period.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived