quick question

I'm going to try doing fiberglass doors on my civic soon enough,

So once i have my rings placed and stretch the fleece over im going to put resin on the fleece, just enough to make it wet? do i want it drenched?

After it dries will i sand before i start putting on FG mat or will i put it directly onto the dried fleece and resin?

and should i use 80 grit after FG/before filler? what grit should i use to have a decent finish i can use a textured paint on

Just enough resin to fully saturate the fabric.

Sanding before laying down the mat depends on resin you use. Bondo/3m brand resin at home depot, lowes, auto parts store etc has wax in the resin that helps with sanding when it cures.

If you use this resin then I suggest sanding with 80grit or lower to rough it up a bit. Then go ahead and lay down your fiberglass. If you stop between each layer then you should resand the top layer before adding another.

Have you had any experience with resin/fiberglassing before?

I've only used the store bought resing a few times, I now get way better quality resin for only like a $1 more then the store crap. Others say they get various cure times with it even when they add the correct amount of hardner.

Either mix up a decent sized batch of resin and hardner and try and go at it all at once. Or set yourself up multiple cups of resin already poured and measured out, lay down as many layers as you can with one cup, quickly grab another cup thats measured out and add your MEKP stir it up and continue your layers.

If you find this is too much work or too difficult or this is just your first time all together, then take your take and do one layer at a time. You dont want to rush it.

Also invest into a fiberglass roller as well, will help smooth things out much better and work out any air bubles. Also helps lay down the mat really nice, smoother the mat gets laid down the less sanding and body work you have to do. Don't build up one side of the door too much with mat and not the other side. Tear out big pieces and over lap them 30% or so.

With the common bondo/3m resin people use there is no telling when it will decide to jell up on you and start curing. Wait till later in the day in shaded area or early in the morning in shaded area. The temp outside will play big role with how much MEKP you will need to use and how fast it cures.

Archived