alright im in need of a bit of help ASAP if possible

heres a little back drop....

Back Drop-

the car is an 2001 chrysler pt cruiser, my mom bought it brand new, the car has APPROX. 26500 miles (ill get to this in a minite) it sat all together for about 6-7 years with my mom only starting it rarely, then she started driving it every day (less then a mile each day) last year during the summer, before that we had it sit, then shed drive to the store or something then straight back home, so it was rarely driven except for when she first got it, it was jump started a pretty good amount, which is why i think somethings fucked, anyway on to my problems....

Problems-

i drive 30 miles to work everyday, roughly, my odometer says i drive 5 miles or so, so i know my odometers off right now, im prob around 26500-27000 by now

also i seem to be using alot of gas in a short amount of time, i have to fill up every 2.5 days, so 60+60+30=150 miles, and its a 15 gallon tank ( i learned its never topped off so lets say 14 gallons to be my max) so 150/14=10 miles to the gallon (now thats ROUGH, but thats still low, like really low

even with my box/batts/amp and woofers, i shouldent be getting about 10mpg, i know some guy in LA that gets 23 with a 2 18's wall and 5 group 31 batts, with no upgrades to anything to raise his mpg

lastly, when ever im over 15mph, and i have my blinker on it dings, its not intermitent, it ALWAYS happens, it happend when my mom actully started driving the car everyday during last summer, so since ive been driving it its been doing it, and you can only imigine how annyoing it is, but i learned i cant cut the dinger out, seeing as its for my headlights, seatbelt, etc

Current situation-

i just installed a new PCM about an hour ago, so im not 100% sure if that fixed it or not, i figured i fried something in the PCM to fuck with my milage and my gas and all that nonsense, ill know in the morning weather or not either of those are fixed

now, what im asking from you guys if you can help me is do you have any other suggustions/opinions/things to check/ trouble shoots etc that id be able to do if this isent the problem, i spent 160$ on a new pcm which is alot for me right now, but this is my daily and i need to get to and from work with decent gas milage, and to get rid of that fucking dinging every time i turn

sorry for the read but all the info is needed, if you guys need any other info let me know

thanks!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

ok first of all the guy you know in la is an asshat and is probobly lying about his mileage, two have you checked the plugs and or coils/ plugwires, i dont know if the battery being dead constantly may have fucked something up with your computer

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Its not the pcm, just got to work says I drove 4.3 miles yet I drove 30 im clueless here

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Try this;

Calibrate Speedometer and Tachometer. Press and hold odometer trip button then switch the ignition from lock (Off) to unlock (Run). Hold trip button for 5 seconds then release. The cluster will then step through several displays for function verification.

Edited by strangeduck

Ive done that a few times and its good across the board, ill do it again tho to make sure

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

And as for your dinging read the first post here, seems fixing a ground wire in the door helped this guy. Did you have your door panels off at some time? If you did you may have accidentally loosened the ground somehow.

http://repairpal.com/chrysler-pt_cruiser-2001

Well, i havent found too many people with your issue, but all i can find is it may be a speed sensor, i think you vehicle has more than one, or the TCM. Have you had it put on a diagnostic machine yet?

any check engine light or flashing lights?

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq