Doing a little build for my girl.

I had one of these 8" Dual Bandpass systems in my last car, and it served it's purpose, but I stepped up to something better when I got the Malibu. I gave it to her since I didn't wanna sell it or anything, and I figured she could use it.

unnamed.jpg

She has a VR3 h/u, with two rca outs, usb, aux, and sd input. Honestly, she has no rear stage, only front, so the one sub, one amp rca setup is perfect for her truck. I'll get her a front stage eventually, but she's not big on audio.

The box didn't fit behind her seat, as I guessed. So I started to build one for her. I went sealed, since the sub is coming out of a 4th order. That would mean the EPB was under 50, which to my knowledge means it is best suited for a sealed or 4th order enclosure. I made the box 8x13.5x24. The interior is 6.5x12x22.5, which comes to 1.02 cubic feet.

Pieces cut.

Photo1399.jpg

This is what I'm finishing it with. I just tested it on one part. It's kinda like the stone stuff, but it's not so rough.

Photo1400.jpg

Put together and started filling cracks. I'm not the most spectacular person in the world at building enclosures yet.

Photo1401.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, no. That's not bondo. I was using wood filler and ran out, an I considered going with wood putty. But then I saw this stuff and figured it was worth a shot. Not trying to innovate or anything, but I like experimenting.

Photo1404.jpg

I went apeshit on this side because the side got crooked somehow.

Photo1403.jpg

Well, time to let that dry. In the mean time, DINNER.

Photo1405.jpg

Sprayed a little black on it to see my low spots as I sand. I didn't get too far because the thick places weren't dry yet. This shit gets smooth as a baby's ass. It's also dusty and turns you into a white kid. Lol.

Photo1407.jpg

Photo1406.jpg

I got the hole for both the amp and sub cut, and siliconed it. Yes, I said amp. I'm using the amp that is attached to the bandpass box, so it needs a mounting hole. And I tried something a little ghetto that didn't end well. I tried making my own circle jig for the jig saw, and the saw ran away, so I filled that spot with plaster. I then made a compass, drew out a circle, and cut it out, as I should have in the first place. Cutting corners gets you nowhere, folks. I should've learned that a long time ago.

Photo1409.jpg

That's all for now. The thick spots should be dry tomorrow, and I'll be getting it sanded, painted, and installed.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Box has been done and installed. I'll get pics later, but here it is painted up.

roseanna.jpg

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

nice dude does the plaster work good or is it just gonna fall/pull apart from all the vibrating and air pressure and everything?

Edited by Junior Russell

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

nice dude does the plaster work good or is it just gonna fall/pull apart from all the vibrating and air pressure and everything?

I haven't seen any signs of it coming off. It did chip a little bit until I painted it, and I think it still will if you hit it too hard. It's just an 80w install, so I figured it'd hold up ok.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????