I feel the need to name every car I get, and I have officially dubbed her, Molliboo. Need to get a custom emblem or something for her.

Edit- The wiring has been redone and cleaned up. I never got any pics, though. However, the vids show that it is no longer in my door jams and it is safely run under the car.

I had most of this done before I joined any forums, so I only have pics of my rear deck build. But here's everything as it sits now.

Headunit- Dual xhd7714

Front Components- Rockford Fosgate Power 4x6s

Rear Components- Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x9s

Subs- 2 Rockford Fosgate R1 12"

Amp- Rockford Fosgate R600.5

My baby.

Photo1364.jpg

The headunit. Got this one for my old car. It was on clearnce for $75 marked down from $125. Bluetooth, HD radio, iPod sync, and usb.

Photo1363.jpg

The subs. I finally got them front facing and sealed in with great stuff and masking tape. Loud ain't always pretty.

Photo1361.jpg

Here's the amp all wired up and screwed into my trunk. It ain't going no where.

Photo1362.jpg

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Onto my rear deck build.

Had to chop a little for the new speakers to fit since the stock were a little smaller.

Photo1240.jpg

And I ran out of extra money and cutting bits for my dremel, so I just bought a small shelving piece of 3/4 mdf and bolted it to the deck.

Photo1241.jpg

But look at this shit. That's definitely a no go.

Photo1242.jpg

So I waited for another pay check and ran to the local fabric shop and picked this up. 1" thick foam and a suede that's similar to the stock color.

Photo1243.jpg

Tried to staple it down like an idiot, and then I finally found the glue gun and got it one there.

Photo1244.jpg

Got the speaker holes cut out.

Photo1247.jpg

Used the scrap to fill in the gaps and did more trimming.

Photo1248.jpg

Tried to get it as tight as I could. I was by myself and this shit isn't stretchy AT ALL.

Photo1250.jpg

And finally did some trimming.

Photo1249.jpg

Speakers in. SO MUCH BETTER.

Photo1251.jpg

And mounted. This thing looks so much better than before.

Photo1256.jpg

Got a vid of the system too.

th_Video0248.jpg

Song was Ephixa- Some wobs

I'm a little camera shy. Slaps pretty hard to me. Especially for two $60 subs in a prefab box.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

clean up those wires and it will be a nice little set up man.

I need to. The ones around the amp are a little too short to stuff anywhere out of the way, so I can't do much with them. It gets the job done, and that's all that really matters to me right now. Me and my dad are about to lose the house so audio is on the back burner for now. I just wanted to get a build log going. FINALLY.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Messed with my gains some. Finally got it sounding much much cleaner. I desperately need a DD1 though. The vid was recorded on my phone, so I apologize for the crappy audio. I was really surprised at how much you couldn't hear outside of the car. You used to be able to hear all the bass when the subs were rear facing, like it just went straight through the trunk. Now it's mainly inside the car, so I don't get all those looks I used to get. I probably got those because my trunk sounded like it was going to rattle off my car.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

i will add you to SOTM but please clean up those wires and get them out of the door jam. very dangerous

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

i will add you to SOTM but please clean up those wires and get them out of the door jam. very dangerous

Alright man. I didn't really think about it at the time. One of my friends has since jumped on my ass for it.

My dad's about to sell his truck and get something cheap, so I'll probably be getting news power wire soon and I'll be running somewhere else. Maybe under the car, Idk. The only place I could find in the firewall was around the steering column, and I didn't think it was safe to have them beside something that turns. I appreciate it man.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have some new stuff for ya'll tomorrow. I have since gotten a new wiring kit, moved the amp, and filled in the old holes from the ghetto rig I had going. I'm building a beauty panel tomorrow and truly sealing off the hole behind the seats.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

If you pull back the carpet and go below the wiring harness you can get the wire in there. I went right through the firewall and put a couple grommets and siliconed it. Here are a couple pics...

006-11.jpg

005-11.jpg

That is two runs of 1/0. It wasn't the most fun job I have done so far but it fits. Your power wire can fit in the gap when you run it to the back.

I can't find the picture I took but there are support struts on the floor that the wire can run through

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Thanks man. I ran the new wire under the car and drilled a hole for it in the back, but I'm probably gonna move it. I need to do alot of stuff, but it's going SLOOOOOOOW.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????

Archived