Sundown Audio

Quick ? about audiopipe

You can keep going on about the shitty parts but mines been going for 3 going to 4 with no problems. Sq on an amp unless your talking about 800 and up amps that are specially designed for sq is not going to be very noticeable my swap tests proven that for me. Why don't you research more about amp boards and youll see many brands you nut hug share the same boards with others. Like my bro said and hes an old school competitor, there only so many boards and many companies choose the same board. Power is power. Box and install is way more important. The audioque had and you mention look into how that board looks to the hifonics 2610d. I know your the type that doesnt see but your opinions and other high post count people but research more about amps in the same or close price range you'll be surprised.

i noticed a sound quality difference between my aq1200 and the ap1500. i dont know how the hell you didnt, because it was a night and day difference to me. maybe you're just one of those people that cant hear distortion for the life of them. and you're telling me about how half the companies recommended here use the same korean build house, what a joke. i've known that for years. and it still makes me laugh how people think that high post count correlates to "bossiness" or "knowledge". are you retarded? i dont give a fuck about how many posts i have. i have 11k cause i've been here for almost 6 years. im member number 323 out of like 40k or whatever its at now. and i know about zed boards and all that crap.

crescendo/dc/sundown/american bass/audioque/skar/audiopipe apk/and more, all come from the same house. thats why their prices are sorta similar, more noticed in crescendo and apk. some just choose to price their amps like JL does and others choose to do so more reasonably. buts its all virtually the same board. i know this. and i have known this, like i said, and i've noted it multiple times in multiple different threads.

shit if i really wanted to, i could buy 500 of those amps from the same house and slap a Kranny sticker on it and sell it for what the other guys do, and make a profit. its not hard. why do you think all these new companies keep popping up?

power is power, sure, but i'd rather have clean power than power that becomes dirty at 75% output combined with sloppy note to note transition.

my opinions are correct 99% of the time. the only time im corrected is when someone twice my age with 35 times the experience tells me otherwise. its happened before, and i've grown knowledge because of it.

Edited by Kranny

Ive always tested all of my equiment objectively and also show others just so i can make sure they hear what i hear or to give me their thoughts.

At first, i too would correlate budget with poor quality that is why i went with an audioque 1200d after i had my hifonics 1608d thinking, "on the forum they say its better and louder and cleaner, so i cant lose."

But when i recieved it and unhooked my hifonics and played this aq 1200 i was kinda like well it sounds just as loud and the bass is not any different and as i tested more and more amps such as the ap1500, i concluded that not all "cheap" amps are bad and some are actually well made.

Audiopipe ended up getting good reviews around this forum like the ap3000d and their 4 channel amps as well so im not alone.

I only and will continue will back this amp up because i at least have messed around with more of their other lines against supposed better sound and power(jl,aq, which i do like) and will recommend it as i know for people who end up buying it will like it and at 150 is not a big risk.

Audiopipe has their korean line now just to offer a more higher end flagship type model but you are wrong if you think they are admitting to supposedly having bad equipment when many other brands have their lower mid and higher lines, its normal.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Ive always tested all of my equiment objectively and also show others just so i can make sure they hear what i hear or to give me their thoughts.

At first, i too would correlate budget with poor quality that is why i went with an audioque 1200d after i had my hifonics 1608d thinking, "on the forum they say its better and louder and cleaner, so i cant lose."

But when i recieved it and unhooked my hifonics and played this aq 1200 i was kinda like well it sounds just as loud and the bass is not any different and as i tested more and more amps such as the ap1500, i concluded that not all "cheap" amps are bad and some are actually well made.

Audiopipe ended up getting good reviews around this forum like the ap3000d and their 4 channel amps as well so im not alone.

I only and will continue will back this amp up because i at least have messed around with more of their other lines against supposed better sound and power(jl,aq, which i do like) and will recommend it as i know for people who end up buying it will like it and at 150 is not a big risk.

Audiopipe has their korean line now just to offer a more higher end flagship type model but you are wrong if you think they are admitting to supposedly having bad equipment when many other brands have their lower mid and higher lines, its normal.

if you want to back the amp up, go for it. i dont care.

ap has the apk series now because they finally got smart. i never said that they admitted they had bad equipment. wtf? they got smart because they probably saw all these people doing the same thing so they're like "oh hey, lets join the bandwagon and make more money"

Im sure they just wanted to expand what they offer unless, which they wouldnt, they cut out all of their lower lines and go strictly korean.

Plus im sure profit margins are way higher with the cheaper stuff than it is with the korean stuff. They like many of the brands you support are in it to make money not to get "smart" so if they see korean stuff as a money making thing they expanded to that as well as reaching other markets with their lower end stuff that many people are satisfied with.

Just avoid stuff like pyle, boss, nitro, almani stuff and ap, hifonics,mb quart stuff will satisfy many people in price/performance.

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

that would be absolutely stupid if a company decided, hey lets switch build houses and only offer 4 amps instead of 15.

i doubt the profit margins are higher with cheaper shit. if anything i'd think its more about the same when comparing the two.

and like i said before, everyone is in it for the money. and like i said, that's why you see all these new amp companies popping up. you're just repeating what i said.

Ha haa and your reapeating what i said when i disagreed with them getting "smarter" and going korean when they are still going to offer their other non korean stuff like i said.

Im pretty sure they make more on the cheaper stuff since they will sell a lot more of it in that budget market than the more expensive korean made one which contains a smaller market of people who buy expensive ass amps.

you cant see waveform distortion on a regular $200 oscope. clipping, yeah, but not distortion. like that 5 grand scope d'amore has.

im done arguing with this hard headed prick. its not worth my time. i'll keep agreeing with the veteran folks on here, and you keep agreeing with the chinese kids that make your amps.

Ill also will stop arguing with this wanna be know it all as well. Acting like many dudes that like ap for what it is are somehow not top guys. Shows where he thinks of many people who are just trying to bump and not spend thousands lol.