Jump to content

6x9" to 6.5"?


_Vince

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2011 Tundra and the doors are 6x9"s, but after researching, I find that a lot of people prefer 6.5".

Why is it better to go 6.5"? and should I get/make some adapters to put 6.5"s instead?

Posted

First off, 6.5 isnt necessarily a preference. It's what 90% of vehicles tend to be. And yes, they make adapters.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
Posted

i find them easier to work with honestly, plus 6x9s are pretty deep most of the time making them a pain if you dont have/dont want to make a spacer, 6.5s usally clear, and you can just make a quick bracket with some ABS plastic

First off, 6.5 isnt necessarily a preference. It's what 90% of vehicles tend to be. And yes, they make adapters.

im on a roll tonight.....

your wrong wrong and more wrong

about 40% of cars have 6.5's

i could go on and on and on

but 75% of fords are 6x8 (if not all) but i think some have that wacky 4x8 crap too

jeeps are 6x9's in the fronts

ALOT are oversized 6.5s yes, but half the time you cant just toss a speaker in there

like i said 6.5s are easier to work with (to me at least), its not that "90%" of cars have them

for example, you dont see people doing custom doors and doing 6x9s all over the place, theres also always been rumors that 6x9s sound better then anything and get louder blah blah blah, again in my experiance, not true, COULD be true in some cases? yes...

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Posted

6.5's are circle shaped, circles are the optimal shape for any speaker since soundwaves are also circle shaped, plus you don't see higher end stuff made into 6x9's.

If you can, go for it.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget


2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Posted

Well I plan to actually fiberglass my doors in a few months but until than I needed something to help even out the amount of lows I'm producing. (6 SA-12D2)

So what do you guys think will sound good in the doors that I can also reuse when I fiberglass the doors?

Also, I'll need some that will go around the wall, should I get the same that goes into the doors?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 962 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...