Battery Choice, and wiring Questions.

For car audio applications, the military style or JL Audio clamps are better suited as they can each accommodate three large gauge output leads. This is really only an issue on the positive terminal - charge lead, stock power lead to starter, and a power lead to the rear for amplifiers. If you're going 4 AWG though, the RF clamps work just as well because you can fit (2) 4 AWG leads in each of the large outputs and there are two. The reason the RF rings are included in the Big 3 Kits is so that the installer can easily connect the stock battery cable to the new battery clamps without any specialized electrical tools. If you prefer the JL Clamps, then we can do the JL fuse holder in lieu of the RF fuse holder so that it all matches for the same price.

After taking a look at the battery terminals, I honestly like the JL ones a lot more. They look easier to hook up, and will have a better look. I also like the JL fuse holder. I may have to do that. What I will do is measure and see how much a need, and send an Email for a price quote so I know how much I need. Thanks for dealing with my stupid questions.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Not a problem. The only stupid question is that one you didn't ask. I like the JL clamps the best as well because they have a really classy look when installed.

That's a plus because I want a nice clean, good looking, and headache free system. I figure quality parts, are much better then cheap parts.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.