Sonic Electronix

+Gosh damn, I'm not sure if were being trolled or what.. Get the BIGGEST battery you can FIT upfront, yes you have to measure. Then wire the batteries in parrelell with the back battery.. if you start the car your alternator will charge both batteries, and as long as you don't play your system with the car off it will always have a charge to start back up.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

also, exercising the use of a volt meter will help you know when to turn the car on the charge the batteries. and no it wont take like 5 minutes for the alt to charge them.

Many people here have one battery for all the components. I have one battery up front for roughly 100 amps of draw. The amp has never seen less than 12.6 volts full tilt with lights on and stock 65 amp alt. If the car was off, the battery would drain in less than 10 mins. Doing a switch is pointless, and it isn't a motor home where you need one. Besides, just keep jumpercables in your car so that you won't have to have a switch. All you have to do is get them out and get your car running again. Do the big 3, and make sure that you measure and compare the length width and hight to make sure that you get the biggest battery possible. Ditch the cap, and make sure that all grounds are solid on the car, and you should be great, and loud, along with safe!

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

Many people here have one battery for all the components. I have one battery up front for roughly 100 amps of draw. The amp has never seen less than 12.6 volts full tilt with lights on and stock 65 amp alt. If the car was off, the battery would drain in less than 10 mins. Doing a switch is pointless, and it isn't a motor home where you need one. Besides, just keep jumpercables in your car so that you won't have to have a switch. All you have to do is get them out and get your car running again. Do the big 3, and make sure that you measure and compare the length width and hight to make sure that you get the biggest battery possible. Ditch the cap, and make sure that all grounds are solid on the car, and you should be great, and loud, along with safe!

Thanks! Awesome advice!

Archived