XS Power

Time to finally shop for a battery! The other day I had to jump start my '06 Scion tC with original stock battery, so it's due for a replacement soon. My system isn't crazy, I have 2 amps totalling 550W RMS 60amps. I play it loud while driving and it suits my needs, but rarely run it for more than a few minutes while the car is off.

I went to the XS site and did the car lookup and it says I should get the D2400, but $320 for the battery and posts is a lot considering stock was working just fine. When I turn it up about half way, i do get some headlight dimming so I got a 1 farad cap to help with that, but haven't installed it yet.

My buddy says I should just get a good DieHard battery. I was thinking of getting an Optima yellow cap initially, but then stumbled onto XS Power. Just looking for justification on the price tag. Considering that I wont be upgrading the system any more in this car, what do you all think I should do? Price really isn't a problem, I just don't want to over do it.

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Have you done the big 3?, and that cap isn't going to help at all.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

that XS batt under the hood will power your system wth ease, do the big three also and you will get rid of your dimming issues. chunk the cap

dont cheap out, get the XS in my opinion. well worth it

Edited by RickyFriery97

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

get xs! but for what your running its not necessary to get the biggest xs you can fit under the hood

i heard yellow tops arent good to use as starting batteries. i could be wrong

sears offers agm die hard bats for a decent price

4 15 Fi Sp4/PSI

1 DC 9k

DC power 270xp

5 XS power D3100

VbjgkeI.jpg

KWiz0Wk.jpg

In my opinion, you're getting way more for your money with XS power batteries. Think about it, they are double the price but probably output five times as much power for longer periods of time than a stock battery. Plus they look cool.

If your wondering why everyone is telling you to chuck the cap, its because all a capacitor does is deliver the power/charge to you amplifier quicker than the stock charging system in your car can when you amp draw more power.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Thanks to all for the feedback. I haven't done the big 3 yet, but I bought 4 gauge wire and ring terminals for it a while ago. I just haven't got around to doing it yet, but I will definitely do it now that I bought the last D2400 in stock from Sonic Electronix. :) The cap is already in its spot but not hooked up because I ran out of cable at the time. I might as well use it, right? Check out http://www.scionlife...ad.php?t=204676 to see some pics of the install and you will see what I mean.

Edited by SmknGunz

• 3 weeks later...