1st time User - Have Questions

So Just got my DD-1 and here is what I am running....

Alpine INA-W910

Audison Voce 5.1K - Only have Hertz sub connected at moment

Factory Bose Speakers and Amp - Waiting for Audison back order

So when trying to find the clipping point of the head unit, I have bass & treble at 0, sub level at 0.

When I play track 1, I have the negative connected to a ground in the trunk (not amp ground as I cannot clamp on to it), then the positive lead on the sub + wire coming out of the amp. Is this correct way of doing it? Because when I turn up head unit, sometime it detects 40HZ and sometimes not, but when it does I go up in volume and then I'll get a distortion "blip" keep turning it up to max volume and NEVER get a solid red. Do I need to turn the SUB LEVEL on the deck to max or something? Same thing happens with the 1KHZ. Then I go to set gain and get same deal.

Yes, you need to turn your sub level up halfway. Some decks attenuate the sub preout voltage as you turn down the sub level. Try it again with the sub level up halfway and report back.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

And you may have trouble getting a 40hz detect if you are using bass boost , and sometimes head units have other things besides Bass, Mid, Treble like "loudness" or similar things that can effct the signal.

Well I turned off my bass and trouble, sub gain at 8 of 15 and put positive probe + to the + output off the amp and I cannot even detect signal of head unit so I did not even get to the gain lol. If I wanted to connect dd-1 to the rca's off deck instead, how do I connect the dd-1 to the rca's? And when finding deck clipping point do I have sub level at 0 or half?

Ok I'll try it again today at some point. Another question I had, if I want more bass when doing gain setting, which track should I use?

Didn't your DD-1 come with a manual? I'm all for helping people but at least read the manual, your question is answered in there. If you don't have it let me know and I'll link you to it so you can d/l it.

Let me get down off my soapbox now......

If you want the most bass then you'd want to use track 7

Well I turned off my bass and trouble, sub gain at 8 of 15 and put positive probe + to the + output off the amp and I cannot even detect signal of head unit so I did not even get to the gain lol. If I wanted to connect dd-1 to the rca's off deck instead, how do I connect the dd-1 to the rca's? And when finding deck clipping point do I have sub level at 0 or half?

This is part of the confusion when dealing with people who aren't up on the verbiage and lingo of car audio. "Gain" is found on your amp, not your deck, so for the sake of clarity please refer to it as such. I'm going to assume when you said sub gain at 8/15, that you meant sub level. So yes, that's how you'd want it. However, I know some decks attenuate the sub preout voltage via the sub level setting so if your DD-1 is connected properly, red to speaker pos terminal and black to amp ground (I've never tried it at the point to where the amp is grounded, always to the ground terminal on the amp itself), and your volume is set appropriately and the right track is playing and you still aren't getting a signal, turn the sub level up all the way and see how that works. Don't worry, some decks are like that, nothing abnormal. So once you get your signal, find the clipping point of your deck then set your gain.

Yes, you need to turn your sub level up halfway. Some decks attenuate the sub preout voltage as you turn down the sub level. Try it again with the sub level up halfway and report back.

half way? since when? headunits output full sub preout voltage at full sub level

half way? since when? headunits output full sub preout voltage at full sub level

You say that as if it's the standard. It's not. If it is, you should call Pioneer and then them

14wbmtz.jpg