Second Skin Audio

Beginner Wall Advice? Noob moments enclosed.

I don't see you fitting 8 15s in a malibu especially in a 4th order. I assume you are doing a wall with a build as big as you say. And have you ever built a wall? if not I would not suggest you trying to make a 4th order as your first wall build.

you cant go wrong with sa15s or dc lvl 3s but I would say with DC changing up their lines the lvl 2 will be closer to the sa line from sundown

After messing around with skecthup, I felt like a total noob for saying that. All I basically know is the box ratio and what he tuning range for the ported side is.

Don't get me wrong, 4 15s will fit on a baffle that's 32x40" if you offset them, but they'd only be getting 1.5cuft a piece on the sealed side and the ported side would only be 15cuft still. That's about as far as I got with attempting to design.

Here is what the two sealed sides would look like on the design I was going for. 1" wood (probably birch ply), 10x40x32"

sealedbox.png

Yep. Wall is what I'm going for. I'm working on my designing skills, but I haven't gotten too far into it yet. That's why I would honestly love to try a 4th order, but I'd probably need help designing and building. LOTS.

Has anyone had any experience with the GCon subs? I've seen vids of ZCons before, just not the GCons.

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

If you're really tight on budget as far as power is concerned, I recommend the APSM series. As much as everyone hates Audiopipe, I'm running two 1500's in my truck (conservatively 'till I get electrical straightened out), was running one at 0.5 ohms for a while with little issues (did overheat on a really hot day but you have to really beat on it), but for the price they're great 'till you can afford Sundown, Skar, RF, etc.

I'm gonna slowly buy the equipment over the next year or so. SLOWLY. I wanna get my doors and dash done first since I want a color change and I only really need to worry about the front half of my interior with a wall.

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

Here is what the two sealed sides would look like on the design I was going for. 1" wood (probably birch ply), 10x40x32"

sealedbox.png

What would happen if I faced two boxes like this towards each other? Somewhat of a band pass? Now I'm curious. There would be atleast 20" between them, if not more.

Edited by Herokight

Lane AKA HeroKight

R.I.P. Molliboo

You hear that????