Wagonized Posted May 26, 2012 Report Posted May 26, 2012 Im definitely going to be going the pro audio route with my mids and highs in my upcoming build.... but im also considering going with larger mids like 10s 12s or 15s. I know people have used them primarily for midbass but curious if anyone has any that they would recommend for midrange aswell to be ran with a good tweeter? Thanks BUILT NOT BOUGHT ********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile 1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)
Kevin M Posted May 26, 2012 Report Posted May 26, 2012 I would recommend the Selenium 12pw3's myself. I am replacing the 10" in my door for this driver this summer. Need something with a better transient response and a paper cone is better than poly for that. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-334 I have been hearing a lot of good things about the new crescendo 10". What kind of space do you have? What is your budget? You have a tweeter in mind? It will have to be something efficient as hell. You could do a 8 or 10" midrange and get a 15" for the midbass. So a 3 way system. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Wagonized Posted May 30, 2012 Author Report Posted May 30, 2012 I would recommend the Selenium 12pw3's myself. I am replacing the 10" in my door for this driver this summer. Need something with a better transient response and a paper cone is better than poly for that. http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=264-334 I have been hearing a lot of good things about the new crescendo 10". What kind of space do you have? What is your budget? You have a tweeter in mind? It will have to be something efficient as hell. You could do a 8 or 10" midrange and get a 15" for the midbass. So a 3 way system. Thanks for the advice. Ill take a look at the crescendo. Budget is within reason...havent put a dollar figure on it but I dont think Ill be looking at any Beyma priced gear. The Selenium stuff seems like a great price to me. For space I have a full custom door panel to use. Im hoping to just run a 2 way setup using a larger mid and probably the st350 supertweeter. I know a 3 way setup would be more ideal but for me if I could be different and get this style setup to work without too much of a gap in between Id almost prefer it. If I can get a 10" mid and the supertweeter to work together then I may do 2 of each per door. Initially I was considering 4 6.5s per door with 2 st350s. My plan is to find a mid and tweet that work well together and have that going for a season before I add a dedicated midbass driver. Its possible that my idea wont work at all and Ill have to stick with a 6.5 or 8 though BUILT NOT BOUGHT ********LOOKING FOR NEW GROUND POUNDER TO BUILD********1981 Malibu Wagon - Iron Block LS, Single Turbo, Nitrous, 6 Speed, Pump Gas, street car. --UNDER CONSTRUCTION Goals are to make 1000 rwhp and 9 second quarter mile 1997 Explorer 157.8. Street C 2nd place 2007 San Mateo dbdrag world finals. (totalled)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.