Sundown Audio

What amp to power 2 SA-15's ?

better not play at or under your FS or your shit will rip a fucking cone. thats the truth.

what do you mean?

the way i understand it is.. the FS is the lowest your box can play before the -3db roll off.. i think

you can play under tuning if you got the port.. just not the FS.. thats how i understand it.

i dont purposefully play under tuning anyways.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

better not play at or under your FS or your shit will rip a fucking cone. thats the truth.

what do you mean?

the way i understand it is.. the FS is the lowest your box can play before the -3db roll off.. i think

you can play under tuning if you got the port.. just not the FS.. thats how i understand it.

i dont purposefully play under tuning anyways.

Playing under tuning is pretty much unavoidable unless your tuned insanely low or never play songs that get low at all, but when running 2k rms to a 600rms sub even playing above tuning can give the subs suspension hell. At op why don't you just get a 1500rms amp for the pair and call it a day so you don't have to worry about blowing a sub?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I agree.

The subs are rated at 600 rms for a reason even if thats conservative im a true daily driver where once i get in my vehicle, i never stop bumping until i get to my destination so you want to be careful with the power.

The real question is just how louder to the ear would the sa get giving it 1000-1500rms true watts compared to say giving them 800rms true watts?

Some subs ive read dont even get louder with more power once they have reached the peak of their power handling.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31