Sergeant_Skyrim Posted May 27, 2012 Report Posted May 27, 2012 Alright, so I went ahead and bought a DD-1 so that I'd be able to set my gains like a pro and I hate to say it but Meade's friend Jaybird has made me feel like a fool. I read the manual before I went to sleep last night, even tucked it in, and I was still unsuccessful when trying to use it today. To start off with, my headunit is a Pioneer Super Tuner III DEH-P3900MP. I started by replacing my RCA's and remote wire today because I've been having issues with them where they had been hooked up for the past 6 or so years (+ I just wanted new ones!). So I hooked up my RCA's into my headunit correctly and then proceeded to try checking my headunit with the DD-1... I followed the instructions in the manual for measuring a headunit only. Set all of my settings to 0 and EQ to flat. I then proceeded to plug my RCA into the top of the DD-1. I played track 1 like it instructed and didn't even get a 40Hz signal light until the mid-40s volume (max 62). I then continued to turn up the volume on my headunit and didn't even get a distortion light until I hit volume 62. I repeated the steps for the 1kHz track and was able to turn it up to 62/62 without any distortion at all. I decided to play it on the safer side of the two and just go with the lower 61 value. I moved on to the amplifier (MTX RTP251D). Unhooked the wires running to my subs and hooked the DD-1 ground up to the amp ground and put the positive probe from the DD-1 into the + speaker spot on my amp. I was barely able to move the gain at all from the minimum setting on my amp before the DD-1 distortion light came on. Long story short, I went to listen to the Decaf'd version of White Girl and it sounded like shit. Not only did it sound like shit, the bass was barely there at all. I have reset everything by ear like I had before until I can figure this out, I'm just looking for some guidance right about now because I want to know how to do this when I go to hook up my new system. Had a long day with trying to get my damn Cavalier dash off without breaking it (failed) and I'm really hoping that I can get this problem nipped in the butt by tomorrow night. Hell, if there's even anybody around the central FL area that's used the DD-1 before and might be able to help me then I'd even be willing to drive to you! Quote Build in progress
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.