Alright so I just bought a rear view camera and I tried hooking it up to my pioneer avh 1400 and it will not show up anything so I was wondering if someone could help me out thanks

the accesory red wire needs to be hooked up to an accessory wire that is 12v+ when the car is on, not hot all the time. Other than that if thats what you dont have hooked up it should fix it if not lemme know what else is going on man

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

i have hooked many of these up... i aint stupid. u have to hook the red wire up to accessory and the purple goes to your head unit. Theres prolly a green wire on it too that goes to the rear brake lights or your reverse switch on the column.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

• 2 weeks later...

fur starters, in the setup menu there will be a rear view cam option make sure its activated, the rearview camera wire from the deck goes to the reverse lights so that when you put your car in reverse the deck recognizes its in reverse and pulls the camera up, and since i havent seen it id say the other wire goes to ground because you need to complete the circuit right.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just added what sounds like the same setup to my z71. (Really the main reason I got started on my headunit upgrade.) I also have the Pioneer AVH-P1400. Like was said, you need to tell the head unit that the car/truck is in reverse. This is done by connecting that wire (Pink or purple, can't remember.) to the reverse lead on the car/truck and then setting the headunit to look for Ground or Positive signal from that lead depending on what the car uses to turn the reverse lights on.

Also, the Camera needs power and ground as well. Here is how I wired mine.

As you said, the RCA wire that comes with the camera has a single wire that goes the length of the RCA. I used this on the camera end as my input signal wire to the head unit and tied that along with positive lead of the camera to the reverse lights on the truck I have. So on the camera end, that wire is connected to my reverse light wire at the tail light, at the radio end, it is connected to my head unit reverse input wire. So when the reverse lights come on, both the head unit gets the positive signal and the camera gets power causing the screen to display the camera view on screen. (I don't need the camera unless I'm backing up anyway. No need for it to stay on all the time if the input is not being used)

If you want the camera to be usable without being in reverse, this method will not work for you and you will need to provide 12v power else where.

In my case the head unit reverse input was set to positive since my reverse lights receive positive 12v input from the reverse switch.

My chariot-

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper

Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400

Factory highs - for now

Amps - Kicker ZX750.1

Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now)

Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port)

More to come soon..

Archived