Anyone that have this ever cut both random and pointer cut points on this unit. out the box it does back and forth I cut random and now I'm curious if it will still work if I cut the pointer cut point.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5368_Directed-629L.html

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. My 5901 was installed into my expedition, the original led fires into the cabin from over the rearview mirror but you can't really see it from the outside. This light has about 5 leds and its made in such a way that you can place it on the glass by the pillar or over the steering wheel on the glass. it is much more visable and the light bounces off the dash and if you put the visor down a bit off that too. i ended up cutting the last connection which was pointer but since I already had cut the random connection it stayed on random. If I want the original setting or to see the pointer effect I will have to buy another one or try to open this one a solder the two cut points in it.

just to help anyone else understand about the cut points I keep mentioning. when you look at the pic if you flip the main unit over to where the stickie pad goes on it to stick to glass there are two little openings one says random and the other says pointer. You can see a little piece of line similar to a fuse in each opening that with a razor you can "cut" or "break" the connection. Out the box the lights do a back and forth motion like KIT from nightrider. When I cut the random the lights blink random. So you have to make a choice keep it stock or pick one or the other to cut. Once you cut one of the lines you can't go back to original and you wont be able to see the next choice.

they are not that expensive and they really make your alarm warn away light unique. Good luck. :drink40:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I will add that the unit is where the factory tint brow is and that the driver window down a bit to show you guys this. The windows are tinted and it kind of lowers the visibility but regardless the light does its job.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg