Need Help On Deciding Which Dual Alternator Kit To Go With

I decided to make this a separate thread.

Okay as it stands right now I'm trying to decide on who to go with when it come to running a 2nd alternator for my truck. So I'm deciding between Dave DC Electric and Dom Iraggi. Here is the low down on my options

Dave Dual Alternator Kit will include:

- 1 300-250 amp AD224alternator (claims to do 130 amp at idle due to the 1.8inch drive pulley)

- 1 dual alternator mounting bracket designed to fit a 2007 suburban

- New belt for the alternators, relays, and regulator harness

- Detailed instructions on how to install and test the alternators

- About two weeks wait time

Quoted $660 which includes shipping cost.

Iraggi Alternator Kit will include:

- 1 300 amp alternator (suppose to do around 100 -110 amps at idle)

- 1 dual alternator mounting bracket designed to fit a 2007 suburban

- Wires, belt, and harness not included

- About two weeks wait time

Quoted $530 which includes shipping cost.

I'm leaning more towards the DC Electric kit because it comes with additional materials that I would need, such as the newer drive belt and wiring harness. Not to mention that it will come with instruction on how to properly do this. This will be my first time installing dual alternators so any guidance I can get will be helpful. The only problem is that beside the article I found on Car Audio and Electronics, I haven't heard of anyone using Dave DC Electric company before. I have no feed back to on the quality of their product. With Iraggi, I know that his product is out there with a number of people that can vouch on the quality of his alternators. The price including the group buy here at SMD is right, the only issue is that I would have to go and buy a lot of additional items in order to make this work. Since the truck is so new, I'm almost sure that some of these items I'm gonna have to get from a dealer($$$$).

So this is were I'm at right now. I want to make a decision soon because I plain on ordering tomorrow afternoon. You guys have any input to share before I make my decision? Anything I may be over looking? In other words, if this was your decision, who would you go with and why?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

both make very good products for sure, but you can call dave up on the phone and get him right away.

hell dom makes the better product really but he is very hard to get a hold of.

he is a very busy guy for sure

High Amperage Audio

DC Sound Dealer

Sun down audio dealer

Anything you need hit me up

What more do you need than them!!

Archived