Sundown Audio

SK-1500.1 Discovery!

Sheena

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah ok so you dont understand.

well lets take a second crack at it, i thought i explained it pretty well.

gain on the amp itself turned all the way down, gain on the knob turned all the way up, can talk over it.

gain on the amp all the way up, gain on the knob, NOT ALL THE WAY UP, but at a respectable level, cant talk over it.

pretty simple imo? i thought?

dude...you fail. i dont know how you dont understand this concept. okay...lets say the gain on the amp is at half. when the remote knob is at full, try unplugging the remote knob. notice how it doesn't get any louder or quieter? thats because when the remote knob is at full, it allows the amp to output as much power as it gain according to the gain setting on the amp itself.

the remote knob is just an attenuator.

so pretty much exactly what i said in the first post. okay glad you understand.

it was actually at half before, and the remote gain about 75%.

i just like to be in control of my entire setup from the driver seat, if i can control 100% of the entire gain from reaching down, awesome.. but if i have to get out of my car, retune the amp at the amp, then theres no point to having a gain knob.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

dont you think it would be fucking stupid if the remote knob completely overrode the gain position on the amp? think about it...common sense.

no? LOL.

it would be much more handy.

buy a pac lc-1 or whatever the fuck it is to control the RCAs if you want that kind of control.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

i just like to be in control of my entire setup from the driver seat, if i can control 100% of the entire gain from reaching down, awesome.. but if i have to get out of my car, retune the amp at the amp, then theres no point to having a gain knob.

so you'd rather be clipping than be safe? umm okay then. to each his own. you should probably buy something to tune your gains instead of just turning the damn knob like a noob.

ah ok so you dont understand.

well lets take a second crack at it, i thought i explained it pretty well.

gain on the amp itself turned all the way down, gain on the knob turned all the way up, can talk over it.

gain on the amp all the way up, gain on the knob, NOT ALL THE WAY UP, but at a respectable level, cant talk over it.

pretty simple imo? i thought?

But then you have no way to know where it's clipping, and you might accidentally turn it up too much on your gain knob.

one of my friends did this when he first got his system

thinking maxing out the gain on the amp (and most likely the bass boost)

and using the remote gain to control the bass

little did he know (or I for that matter) that he was clipping the shit out of his subs

@OP

email SKAR and see if your "discovery" is what that bass knob ws intended for lol

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

dont you think it would be fucking stupid if the remote knob completely overrode the gain position on the amp? think about it...common sense.

no? LOL.

buy a pac lc-1 or whatever the fuck it is to control the RCAs if you want that kind of control.

the pac lc-1 does the same damn thing essentially. its a potentiometer that attenuates the preout voltage.

so you'd rather be clipping than be safe? umm okay then. to each his own. you should probably buy something to tune your gains instead of just turning the damn knob like a noob.

who said i turn the knob? its pretty damn easy to hear where your clipping at, shit stops getting louder, and it starts sounding like complete shit when you clip.

not hard.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

no? LOL.

the pac lc-1 does the same damn thing essentially. its a potentiometer that attenuates the preout voltage.

so why is it illegal for me to have my remote gain at half or 1/3 or whatever else setting.. why does it have to be all the way up and i HAVE to tune it at the amp?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived