Second Skin Audio

is this normal when its hot out

when its hot as shit out and the sun is beating on your trunk does it smell inside your box? like today was really hot like 86 degrees and sunny and when i went in my trunk my subs where warm and my box smelled weird..is this the silicone inside the box just getting hot or what?

new items sometimes will off-gas or smell when new and being warm might make off-gassing a bit stronger , assuming your not smelling your equipment burning

i dont play my shit full tilt when its really hot out, i normally wait till night time when there cool..and i didnt play my subs today..i went out around 4pm

and subs where pretty warm and smelled inside the box....so just the silicone in the box and that?

my old box smelled kinda sweet when it got hot out

if it smells REALLY REALLY strong or bad then i would be worried

if its a faint smell mostly likely resin/glue/paint or whatever else you may have in the box

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

i mean i have fatmat rattle trap on my trunk lid..its not a really really strong smell, just just odd smelling.

its not a burnt coil smell or anything like that..it has done this for as long as i had my box witch is alittle over a year

i mean i have fatmat rattle trap on my trunk lid..its not a really really strong smell, just just odd smelling.

its not a burnt coil smell or anything like that..it has done this for as long as i had my box witch is alittle over a year

i dunno my box smell went away after a few weeks of hot weather

i pulled the sub out a few times to check for burnt coils, bad leads, loose spiders and impedance on the coils

if you smell it while playing the system on a hot day id check everything to make sure

otherwise bang it till the wheels fall off

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

there were times where i smelled my box and it smelled alittle bit and at those times i didnt have my system on at all, and i played it full tilt and the smell didnt

get stronger it just stayed the same. its not the sub cuz i upgraded subs and i had my soundstream subs for a year with that box and there was nothing wrong

with it. its a box made by atrend its karbon kandy kolor..idk what kind of glue they use in there box but even my amp gets really warm as well..it just gets hot as

hell in my car