Jump to content

Idea: Mids & Highs In The Rear Deck?


DaVibe

Recommended Posts

Posted

img2012052900108.th.jpg img2012052900109.th.jpg img2012052900111.th.jpg img2012052900112.th.jpg img2012052900113.th.jpg img2012052900114.th.jpg img2012052900115.th.jpg

I'm running 1k in subwoofers, about to run 2k.

I'm running the C608GTI MKII (150rms) in the front doors and in the rear deck as well.

I love this sound already, but I want more fill, more sound, louder vocals (not tweet)

I'd like to avoid fabrication on the doors because then when the day comes when I sell the car, I will have to find new doors.

Not to mention, I could fit 2 speakers in the door and that's about it.

SO MY QUESTION IS:

What if I use the 2 stock locations for pro-audio mids or just use the back deck for multiple sets of 2-ways, for example.

At least when the day comes, I will leave them in there and it won't effect the sale of the car, as much as doors would.

I don't want to load the floor with speakers, I like the room.

I don't want to load the dash, I think it's probably too close to my face.

I've considered the back doors for fabrication but again, same issue, will need new doors one day.

Right now the entire set is running off a JL 600/4 (150rms all around). I can run additional 2-channel or 4-channels as needed, I just have no experience with 3-way style speakers or even pro-audio, if I decide to go that loud.

At least the benefit is I imagine I could control them simply by the fader in the deck.

Thanks for the suggestions, this idea just came to me this week, wondering if I'll get any weird loading off the rear glass or if this will work?

The last photo is of a center hole, I'm not sure what that's about, I'm still determining what that's used for.

Posted

I found pretty much EXACTLY what I was thinking about on YouTube ... and reading their comments, it can be very expensive since it's all custom fiberglass work it seems.

Even if I reduced the project to just the existing holes, the price must go up for custom brackets to make it all fit and the labour.

So ... I'm on the fence now.

The price of getting loud ...

Posted

i have my mids and highs in my rear deck. 4 6.5s. I have 2 midbass woofers and 2 coax highs.. woofer and tweeter. gets plenty loud. 200 rms on each midbass and 150 rms on each polk MM651

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Posted

Canada - we have snow. Personally I think it's way too wet down there to even consider it, not to mention I'm 6 feet tall and I like my legroom.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 907 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...