help me choose budget sound system for 2011 scion xb

1. hi and thank you for the help first of all.

I am a noobie to all of this so bare with me. I want to upgrade the sound system in my 2011 scion xb i think it sucks. I dont want to focus on bass i want that to be the last thing i think about i was the number one thing to be about sound quality. im looking to spend up to $1000 for everything including head unit and sub and amp. and if it matters i listen to rock music not rap or r&b thanks.

subwoofer wise, I would suggest obsidian audio as it is, in my opinion, the best bang for your buck. that will leave you will plenty of leftover cash for the rest of the build.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Mbquart makes some good onx amp

i also see alot of people use sound stream rub and ref amps that are great sound quality

I loved my soundstream even though it crapped out on me after about two years,i think its because i was pushing it to much.

You can get a square trade warranty if you purchase of ebay.

You can also find some great used stuff on here.

Edited by ham4864

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

I would say honestly if you're not thinking about bass and more about sound quality you will want to go with a nice end comp set preferably a 3 way set up and run maybe 1 good woofer on either 2 small amps (a 4 ch and a mono) or 1 big 5 channel. I really can't suggest brands because I am not a SQ guy. I have Soundstream amps (reference rubicon tarantula and stealth) and I love them. I would honestly look into one of the higher end brands and keep it clean and simple.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

i was looking at the boston acoustics sc60 for the from thats $!40 on amazon. would that be a good choice? and idk how the amp thing works. would i need an amp for every speaker? or just one mounted sonmewhere? and with that setup anyone know what specific amp would be good for these speakers if they are the right way to go? and anyone know what a good sub for sound quality would be? also i decided to wait on the head unit theres a few that are coming out this year with android app support like pandora. and if i get the boston acoustics component speakers would it make sense to also buy the coaxial versions for the back door speakers?

IMO for sound quality, id pick up an onyx 1000.4 4 channel amp their cheap 160 you cant beat that. Then id pick up a set or 2 of either infinity reference components, hurtz or however you spell it, or kicker. For a headunit best bang for your buck is prolly gonna be a good alpine headunit with some eq settings so you can fine tune what you want and for a sub ummmm probably skar 8's or 10's as they are a cheaper sub but good sub with a sundown audio amp or audioque amp. That would be my budget build if it were me

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

so i think i have the speakers picked out im going with Infinity Reference 5032cf 5.25-Inch, AND infiinty reference 6030cs 6.5inch. do i need to get an amp for both the 6..5 component and the 5.25 coaxial? or just the components? also i was looking that sa-10 its kinda steep is there anything else in a better price range that still will do what im looking for?

PISS MATCH LOL

what is that supposed to mean? and how is it beneficial in this conversation?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5