Mechman Alternators

Mechman alternator different plug

So while i was doing some research for an alternator i stopped by your guys website and i order the one under dodge ram trucks but when it was time for me to put in the beast i couldn't really see how different of a fit on my alternator was. So after taking it apart and hooking up the positive i've noticed a slight difference in the plug.

Description of what my plug would be like, there is 2 cables i believe one was white with a black stripe and the other just solid white where it met with a casing that has the ground wire going through to attach for ground on each side of the alternator holes, and those 2 cables coming out have a 10-12gauge terminal that would hook up directly to as a plug but to the 2 brass bolts coming up out of the alternator.

Here is what it would look like on my dodge alternator

35iozrr.jpg

This is the original bought from you guys, found in a different source but exactly the same setup with the 0 gauge terminal from you guys.

140x6z5.jpg

So my question is since i wasn't looking towards the hybrid version because it seemed slightly off, and after ordering the other one before i got a response from a mechman rep about that they have a different type of a 6 phase for my truck i was told this would do me good instead, and the question is, is there any way i can take those 2 little cables that probably run behind the engine block as that's where i was looking at, are there plugs i can possibly attach or splice into.

Any help appreciated, i have worked alot since i bought the alternator and haven't had the reasonable time to make a thread and ask about this issue that i have received after trying to install my alternator. I have bought the alternator on the 26th of april and received it by the first 5 days of may.

Thank you for your time and patience, any help on this is greatly appreciated.

build coming late April, early May

build log for 1 LVL 5 18" 87%ish done : http://www.stevemead...ab-dc-lvl-5-18/

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt Laramie

Amplifier - AQ3500d.1

Sub - DC LVL 5 18"

Highs - (2x) Selenium ST-350 Super Tweeters 8ohm

Mids - Selenium 6" 200w midrange 6W4P (pair)

Mids/Highs Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125 1000watt 4 ch

Wiring - XP Flex 25' Red, 25' Black

Alternator - Mechman 270amp

Battery - XS power D3100, 1- Yellow top front

more to come...

It sounds like you ordered the alternator for the wrong year of Dodge truck. If you ordered the unit for the correct year of Dodge truck, it would come with the correct wiring harness adapter. Also, the best/ fastest way to receive technical assistance is not to make a whole thread on a forum that we seldom visit, but rather to just call us or e-mail us directly.

I need to know the exact year,make,model and engine of your truck in order to get you the correct pin out on the plug. More than likely, you will be able to adapt it very easily, or we will provide you with a harness adapter if it was our mistake. Please give me a call at 865-522-6166 ext 204 , or e-mail me at: [email protected] , as I won't be back on this forum again today.

Matt