So I have an xs power d 5100 mechman 220 amp alt and knu cca 1/0. I have 2 rockford T1000's and a T400.4 using a 300amp circuit breaker. The problem is I am not getting anywhere near full tilt without the breaker popping. Is my electrical not up to par or do I need another run of power wire? I am just stumped on where to go from this point so I would appreciate all advice on what to do.

Ok but if I am popping the breaker would I not blow the same rating fuse and we wire brushed the bracket in spare tire well for a ground. It was bare metal with a brand new bolt holding the ring terminal. That being said I assume my ground is fine at least I hope. Also big 2 up front (grounds) done in the knu premium 1/0 as is the ground in the rear.

The breaker could be weak causing it to pop when it shouldn't. Get a "ANL" style fuse.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

aluminum has more resistance than copper , current flow met by resistance generates heat .

i haven't heard much good about circuit breakers either , but it could be that your circuit breaker is weak , breakers do on occasion get weak or trip easier than they should . could also be that the resistance of your cca cable is somehow makeing the breaker think things are not right , due to the resistance and the heat it causes .

The wire is fine... It's probably the ground location you picked. Also breakers loose the ability to trip after they have been tripped numerous times. Also improper gains could play a factor too.,

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

the cca might be ok but my opinion is that your 2 t1000's have to pull close to the rated amperage of 0 gauge knu cca . check your ground and get a anl fuse holder .

here's another thought about grounding , most newer cars are unibody construction , body and frame parts made of sheet metal are spot welded and glued together ,i am a bit skeptic as to how well sheet metal can serve as a ground when you start running big amps . i think at some point a guy may want to run a ground up the front and ground to the batt or subframe