Imaging Question

Tub Asko

Guest MegaloManiac

having all them 6x9s is not helping your imaging at all :blink:. I say get rid of the 6x9s, and work on your front stage. Whose to say a front stage cant get loud :)

I'd have to agree with everyone about getting rid of the 6x9's but, I can understand you being attached to them. Plus the whole "if ain't broke then don't try to fix it". I run kick panels in my S10 and Camaro. I have a Silverado too and I'm debating the same thing. Just keeping the doors, droopping them in the kicks or building custom a pillar.

- A pillars will definately bring out the front staging but its gonna cost some money in building and another set of components.

- Q logics will give you more speakers to the front but again more speakers.

- just adding another tweeter will not do.

I'd have to agree with everyone about getting rid of the 6x9's but, I can understand you being attached to them. Plus the whole "if ain't broke then don't try to fix it". I run kick panels in my S10 and Camaro. I have a Silverado too and I'm debating the same thing. Just keeping the doors, droopping them in the kicks or building custom a pillar.

- A pillars will definately bring out the front staging but its gonna cost some money in building and another set of components.

- Q logics will give you more speakers to the front but again more speakers.

- just adding another tweeter will not do.

1 or 2 6x9s and front speakers that are loud as hell will solve the problem. Rears = Fillers/ Fronts = Primary source for everything but bass.

How is your cross over set up on your Eclipse amp? Hpf OR all pass? Hpf = better in your case, louder highs with less bass meaning you can crank the speakers harder.

1 or 2 6x9s and front speakers that are loud as hell will solve the problem. Rears = Fillers/ Fronts = Primary source for everything but bass.

How is your cross over set up on your Eclipse amp? Hpf OR all pass? Hpf = better in your case, louder highs with less bass meaning you can crank the speakers harder.

All of my gains are up, high pass is all the way up, low pass and bass boost is all the way down (for all inputs). I think I will lower the gains on the 6x9s but again I like my loud, clear music.

Everyone is saying get rid of 6x9s, but it aint that simple for me. I'm a broke college student (LSU BABY! GO TIGERS!), and when I spend a good chunk of money to get something, I don't want to get rid of it.

All of my gains are up, high pass is all the way up, low pass and bass boost is all the way down (for all inputs). I think I will lower the gains on the 6x9s but again I like my loud, clear music.

Everyone is saying get rid of 6x9s, but it aint that simple for me. I'm a broke college student (LSU BABY! GO TIGERS!), and when I spend a good chunk of money to get something, I don't want to get rid of it.

Yeah man I wouldn't get rid of them. Enjoy them! Take it as a lesson learn and just keep on building. Honestly I'd just install more speakers in the front and fade out the rear from the deck to balance out the imaging for now. Then when you don't care and just want to blast fade the rears back in. Its a simple way to match your imaging problems.

I would get rid of the 6x9's, get more speakers for your upfront and put them in desireable locations, front doors, a pillar, centerconsol etc. I have to Fi SSD's and i had a 6.5 speaker for vocal in each door and the rears did nothing. I added them upfront and it made all the difference. So now i had 2 6.5"s in each front door for vocals and ive learned vocal speakers in the front and subs in the rear. I love it that way. Sounds the best to me also. Try useing just your front speakers with the subs on a lower volume to see if you like just the front fill without the 6x9's. Then upgrade your fronts and or add more to keep up with your subs.