why is my jeep doing this???????

To me, it sounds like clogged exhaust or dirty injectors/fuel filter. The engine wants to stall out, which is why it keeps revving up to keep itself running. Replace the fuel filter to be safe. They're cheap anyways. There's tests that can be done to test your exhaust. I've seen someone drill small holes in the exhaust before and after the catalytic converter to measure back pressure (you should get nearly the same number in both spots if it's fine). A clogged cat would explain the o2 codes. Another thing you should do is check all the plugs of the sensors you replaced and make sure they're clean. You can spray WD-40 in the plug and then blow it out with an air compressor to clean it out. Try doing that on as many plugs as possible. No one can really tell you the exact cause of the problem. It's more of a trial and error process and we have to go through your work (and assume it's done correctly) to single out the problem!

EDIT: Also try putting some injector cleaner or seafoam in your gas tank

Fuel pressure regulator is built into the filter on the vehicle so i wouldn't go saying they are cheap. That isnt your typical $10 fuel filter. More like 40-50.

What he needs to do is find a good driveabilty guy in town and take it to them. All the money you are wasting just throwing parts at it could have already done paid to fix the real problem if you hadnt just been guessing.

And FYI. Just because its throwing an O2 code that doesnt mean the sensor is bad. Shorted wires in the circuit in the harness can cause those codes too.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

And FYI. Just because its throwing an O2 code that doesnt mean the sensor is bad. Shorted wires in the circuit in the harness can cause those codes too.

like, melted?

melted pinched or cut i'm assuming

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

BTW, Wix part number on the fuel filter is 33929 if you feel like continuing to just throw parts at it although with it being a little more complex than just a filter, i would suggest getting an OE part. . I'd personally be taking a real close look at the crank position sensor.

Kenwood DNX-893s
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2-1.jpgsa.jpg

David said:

newls1
kingsuv
kingsuv

Did you try cleaning the throttle body? Sounds very possible that it could also be a vacuum leak somewhere.

yeah i cleaned the tb. and checked for vacuum leaks by inspecting all of the hoses nd fitting were tight

BTW, Wix part number on the fuel filter is 33929 if you feel like continuing to just throw parts at it although with it being a little more complex than just a filter, i would suggest getting an OE part. . I'd personally be taking a real close look at the crank position sensor.

i changed the cps

if it was a clogged fuel filter then it would run like that at all times would it'?>

i changed the cps

Salvage yard PCM by chance? Chrysler computers are HUGE pieces of shit

Kenwood DNX-893s
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

2-1.jpgsa.jpg

David said:

newls1
kingsuv
kingsuv

Hey, I'm just guessing here like you are currently since i don't have the car in front of me hooked up to my $10k lab scope to pin point circuits. Driveabilty issues aren't a guessing game, there's a science to it to find the actual problem which is why i told you to take it to a shop.

Kenwood DNX-893s
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

2-1.jpgsa.jpg

David said:

newls1
kingsuv
kingsuv

i changed the cps

Salvage yard PCM by chance? Chrysler computers are HUGE pieces of shit

i had a remanufactured one sent with all updaded programming and it did the same thing. my wire harness was touching the exhaust manifold and starting to melt wires, i secured that and it seems to run alot smoother lol idk this american junk is making me wonder why i ever traded my integra for it lol

Archived