Looking for my first motorcycle/cafe racer

THose are mid level entry bikes...nothing big LOL.

I use mine for city commuting and as a canyon carver on the weeikends. 1000cc Streetfighter. But any of those bikes above would be awesome in the city. Not to much power good torque...geared perfect for the city but could still do a freeway run when necessary. A 250 is gonna struggle and you will want to move on....It will get the job done but not as easily as a 500 or sv650....

IDK if anyone else on here rides street alot and would like to chime in but I ride my bike almost everyday to work and on the weekends. Having power to accelerate out of a situation is nice. I felt less safe on a ninja250 than I ever have on my CB1000r. There are alot of scenarios/situations that arise on a streetbike that 8/10 times you would be better to get on the gas and get the hell out of dodge than slamming on the brakes. A 500 or 650 would be much safer IMHO than a 250. Just cus you have power doesnt mean you have to use it all. Everyones gonna have their own opinion and I might get flamed for saying skip the 250 but ehh whatever. I have had too many close calls to count and from my experience having the power to just roll on the throttle and get the Fudge out of a bad situation has saved my ass.

I've heard that before as well. Decision decisions haha! The real reason I want a 250 besides it being limited to speed is they are sold for around 1000 dollars for a used one. I don't want to spend that much on my first bike.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

If you arnt buying a motorcycle to save fuel, don't buy a 250. You should start on a 500 or even 750. The older bikes don't make nearly as much horse power as the new ones. I have a 1982 Kawasaki kz750 csr and it only makes around 50 horse power. I would deffinitly recommend Honda cb500 though. They are fun, easy to ride, and extremely easy to work on. They are a great cafe project bike for anyone experienced or inexperienced.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

An in my opinion, the best starter bikes are the heavy cruisers. They are low so they are not easy to drop and it teaches you how to maneuver a heavy bike.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Yeah that bike I think is a cb450 maby 1972? Those have a dry weight of around 400 lbs and only have around 45 horse power. Could be a great beginner bike. Stock, that thing will probably be about as fast as the newer generation Kawasaki and Honda 250's.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Yeah that bike I think is a cb450 maby 1972? Those have a dry weight of around 400 lbs and only have around 45 horse power. Could be a great beginner bike. Stock, that thing will probably be about as fast as the newer generation Kawasaki and Honda 250's.

That makes complete sense about the older 450's being as fast as modern 250's never even thought about that. Thanks for your input again helping me narrow down my choices.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Archived