Looking for my first motorcycle/cafe racer

My brother recently get a yamaha riva 50cc scooter and I really like that thing. I'm getting my motorcycles license by the end of the month and I am looking for my own bike. What do you guys recommend and right now I'm leaning towards getting a cafe racer or modding a bike into one, I love their look and style but I'd wanna keep it to a two seater just incase my girl wants to jump on.

I like this kinda style

honda-cb450-cafe-racer-2.jpg

URL of said pics

http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-cafe-racer-2

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Also looking to stay around the 250 mark, I dont want a big boy like that ^ just yet, I want to learn and it's going to be only around town prob short trips on the free way nothing more than 20-30 miles

Scion tC SQ Build

Maybe a Suzuki GS500. Their arent any 250s I would want to build a cafe bike from and eventually they would get boring. Their are some sick gs500 cafe/streetfighters out there..I'll find some good pics and post up.

The GS will do better on the freeway than a ninja 250 but the power isnt wild...they are nice little torquey motors that dont mind cruising at 65-70.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

FKCBefore2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1325085150608

suzukiGS500streetfighter2.jpg

THis one is a '71 CB500 My friend had a full restored CB that was fun to ride and a classic. He put 80xxx mile son that thing before a driver hit him totalling the bike. THis a cafe style CB500 looks awesome makes me want to pick one up for a project.

13.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

FKCBefore2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1325085150608

suzukiGS500streetfighter2.jpg

THis one is a '71 CB500 My friend had a full restored CB that was fun to ride and a classic. He put 80xxx mile son that thing before a driver hit him totalling the bike. THis a cafe style CB500 looks awesome makes me want to pick one up for a project.

13.jpg

This bike is extremely nice! Very clean restoration, but I don't want that big of a bike just one to cruise around town. Here in LA the drivers aren't the best and I'd rather take my car on the freeway. After I ride for a while maybe I'll upgrade to something beefy ilike that

Scion tC SQ Build

THose are mid level entry bikes...nothing big LOL.

I use mine for city commuting and as a canyon carver on the weeikends. 1000cc Streetfighter. But any of those bikes above would be awesome in the city. Not to much power good torque...geared perfect for the city but could still do a freeway run when necessary. A 250 is gonna struggle and you will want to move on....It will get the job done but not as easily as a 500 or sv650....

IDK if anyone else on here rides street alot and would like to chime in but I ride my bike almost everyday to work and on the weekends. Having power to accelerate out of a situation is nice. I felt less safe on a ninja250 than I ever have on my CB1000r. There are alot of scenarios/situations that arise on a streetbike that 8/10 times you would be better to get on the gas and get the hell out of dodge than slamming on the brakes. A 500 or 650 would be much safer IMHO than a 250. Just cus you have power doesnt mean you have to use it all. Everyones gonna have their own opinion and I might get flamed for saying skip the 250 but ehh whatever. I have had too many close calls to count and from my experience having the power to just roll on the throttle and get the Fudge out of a bad situation has saved my ass.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Picture067.jpg

Sweet sv650. Or what about a buell 500 blast. Beginner level single cylinder made in the USA buell.

2000_Buell_Blast1.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived