Second Skin Audio

Having trouble getting my box right...

dcm4588

I'm new to DC's and I'm having a hard time finding a box that really has a high output.

It's a 1st generation 12" DC XL with a dual 1.4 ohm PSI recone dropped to .7 on a hifonics BRE1600.1. (saving up for another 12 and something a little better)

My question is this:

What size box do I need to build for the best all around output? From what I understand, between 33-38Hz is ideal for these? I'm having a really hard time with port lengths, dimensions....the works. This sub is a little different than what I'm used to. It's my first DC audio. I've always run Solo x 12's but I heard a pair of these put me to shame last year so I wanted to try them out. Now I'm lost?

I'm 100% open to all suggestions or build sheets. Size of the enclosure only needs to fit in a dodge ram quad cab. Seat up or down...idc. I have this idea I'm tooling with to build a console behind the drivers seat. sub forward, port up. I'm just sick of cutting MDF for the hell of it.

any help would be great....

07 Ram quad cab - Pulled the rear seatsDC audio XL 18 m1, PSI reconed dual 1 ohm, triple leads, 4 layer stiff spider

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

2.5:1 ratio tuned @ 45hz

AP3000.1DBig 3 done in 1/0Odyssey PC1700 up frontOdyssey PC1500 rearAlt in the near future..." In the end, the "what if's" of what could have happened are what hurt the most..."

I couldn't find a member here with that s/n. Either way, I'm not particular on any form of a box. Obviously not sealed... but ported (either slot or aero), bandpass (4th or 6th), or even a t-line. Whichever will optimize my output for daily music and the occasional show off. Not really looking to compete with it., I just need some guidance from someone with more experience than myself.

Plus, building boxes is a little hard for me since I moved. I now live in an apartment complex and can't run a saw here. So what I have to do is take my power inverter to an empty parking lot around the corner and make my cuts. Pretty much a HUGE pain in the a**.

I really just need some plans or ideas/suggestions from someone who has worked with these speakers before. I'm just ready to either build the right box.

07 Ram quad cab - Pulled the rear seatsDC audio XL 18 m1, PSI reconed dual 1 ohm, triple leads, 4 layer stiff spider

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

AP3000.1DBig 3 done in 1/0Odyssey PC1700 up frontOdyssey PC1500 rearAlt in the near future..." In the end, the "what if's" of what could have happened are what hurt the most..."

anyone?

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

the max room I have to work with is:

22"w x 14" top D x 21" bottom D x 22" H

wedge style box. using 3/4" MDF gives me 3.8912 internal BEFORE any displacement. I've yet to find my subs Fb and the port will have to be accounted for as well. I want the sub forward, port up in the back. I'm good with sketchup so just throw me some ideas please.

wired up to a 2 ohm load

4th order bandpass

Archived